never thought id be this excited to be a noob!

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
well, im almost a noob. i ordered droid pro friday and i cant wait. ive been reading and researching and watching videos and bookmarking apps. im stoked. never had anything like a smartphone other than my computer. its long overdue. while i can build and program computers these droid phones are a mystery as of yet. ive got lotsa questions, and ill try to find where theyve been answered or belong as far as posts go, but from what i gather this is the right place!

about me: im 35 yr old male who suffered a brain stem stroke in november 09 with no known cause. i was diagnosed with locked in syndrome and prognosed to be a life long vegetable, requireing tubes and respirators to eat and breathe indefinately. forget about ever moving again. but i am proving them wrong. i had a trach reversal, they removed my feed tube, i can eat, breath, talk somewhat, type, move every limb and even walk with assist. not overnight of course. its been a long and arduous path. but im far from done living. im even scheduled to move from moms to my own apartment by years end. an app phone didnt seem it would ever be a reality or neccesity...

why droid pro: being disabled really blows sometimes. i cant lock the doors, set the alarm, or read emails once im in bed. i decided after seeing an adt commercial for their pulse app that a app phone might make life that much easier. then i found schlage and z home products, where i could lock and unlock doors, change the thermostat, turn on lights, and watch home survielance footage all from an app on my phone. sign me up! droid pro was a no brainer at that point, with its exposed querty keyboard and the droid app platform, the other phones just paled in comparison.

its not here yet but im so excited i could pee myself. lots to learn, lots of questions, but all i got is time. awesome forum by the way!

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Glad for you to join us. That's what technology is here for: to make our lives better and easier. Good luck in your recovery!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! such inspiration u got and im glad to read ur still making the most out of life. that just makes my days even brighter and blessed.

Aloha from Hawaii...

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Glad to have you with us in the forum. So happy to hear your inspirational story and will pray for your continuing progress. You will have a lot of helpful friends here at the forum so just ask and someone will likely know how to help. Great to know you! Linda

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
jrodroidpro

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
Yay! Its here!?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Arshem

Reaction score
Congrats man, you're on the road to recovery, and I can tell you're going to do leaps and bounds. Keep up the great work and enjoy the Droid Pro!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums glad to have u here too

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
:icon_ banana: Enjoy your droid pro....may it bring you lots of happiness and make you connections with many new friends here at the forums!. I have a droid x, so I can answer general stuff and others who have the pro can answer specific questions for you. Have fun with it. Its great to explore a new toy. Before my droid x, I had a flip phone from 2004, so I was a real noob when I got mine right after Christmas. That was the best present I got for sure. I was off for a week and all I did was play with the phone.By the time I got back to work I could speak"phone"fluently! Everyone was offering to root my phone and help me choose roms and themes. Ive stayed stock so far, but after my warrantee is over I'm gonna do it. So, go play and I'll ttyl

OP
jrodroidpro

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
All the theming apps and wallpapers are plenty for me... As far as tethering, no plan, and im happy with froiyo 2.2, no gingerbread needs, and ill take screen shots the hard way... Stock works fine, for me theres no need to root, plus they seem to be crackin down on that...GOT 9 HOURS FROM FIRST CHARGE WITH HEAVY APP DOWNLOADING AND PLAYING ALL DAY TODAY...ALL IS GOOD!

Last edited:

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
jrodroidpro

jrodroidpro

Reaction score
This may help you...I can send it but don't ask me to explain it, I'm techno stupid (lol) here it is How to: Take Screens Shots without Rooting your Motorola Droid - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog this was hand typed and I rechecked the spelling so I hope it helps, if it does maybe you can teach this dummy how to cut and paste so I can send web sites without hand swyping it (lol) let me know if this works for you

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
appreciated

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Was I not allowed to send you that site? I think some body got mad at me...I wasnt telling you to root, just a site about how to do screen shots without rooting

calichris209

Reaction score
All I have to say is your a champ at life. Keep it up and have fun with your pro :)

Sent from my DROIDX