Netflix

leewhite336

Reaction score
I just downloaded the Netflix application from the market and my question is do y'all think Verizon could cut me off like cancel my contact for using to much data. I have unlimited data and no Wi-Fi so I'm using data alot. I'm on day 7 of this months billing cycle and already used 6gb. Im loving this application but am a little worried that I may hit like 20+ gb my the end of the cycle. I usually use around 4 a month. So what do y'all think could Verizon cancel me if they wanted too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I just downloaded the Netflix application from the market and my question is do y'all think Verizon could cut me off like cancel my contact for using to much data. I have unlimited data and no Wi-Fi so I'm using data alot. I'm on day 7 of this months billing cycle and already used 6gb. Im loving this application but am a little worried that I may hit like 20+ gb my the end of the cycle. I usually use around 4 a month. So what do y'all think could Verizon cancel me if they wanted too.

they will not cancel your account. they did start this bull of bandwidth throttling although they call it something different where they will slow you down if the tower or network is in high use for the rest of that and the next billing period if you are in the top 5% of data users. but people have hit pretty high and it supposedly isnt an all the time throttling like tmobile does slows you to a crawl and is unusable for rest of the billing cycle.
i havent seen anyone that has really been hit by this yet so time will tell what they really do.
but you do have potential to be slowed if you use a lot of data. but you are not doing anything illegal or against your contract by watching netflix.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You might get a better response to your post if you used a more generic font.

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Eagle is correct I have an old unlimited plan still from a few years ago and I haven't noticed getting a governor on my phone yet for bandwidth and u have to remember if you use alot and they charge u that's more money for them...service providers love money. So no they wont cancel you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
Been using 20-40 gb a month for a few months in a row because I too have no wifi access at the moment no surprises here

Nyteravyn

Reaction score

Though 6 gig in a week is really high... I watch it several hours a day,6 days a week and ended the month at
10 gig on a family plan... They might not cancel you unless they flag you and dig deeper... And find you tethering?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Been using 20-40 gb a month for a few months in a row because I too have no wifi access at the moment no surprises here

Holy core dude... How did you tap 40?

bigkhan

Reaction score
Verizon currently says that they will only do the throttling on 3G devices, not 4G I'm sure that will change in time. When I watch netflix I use 200-300 mb per hour. So if I watch several (4-5) hours a day 6 days a week. That alone would be about 12GB. Then everything else I do.

OP
leewhite336

leewhite336

Reaction score
Well hopefully nothing will happen I kind of backed off a lil these past couple of days and still got it to 10gb. I know I used to have unlimited tethering with my old Alltel plan and Verizon did cut that off on me. I was playing online games So who know how much I was racking up than with data lol