Netflix coming soon

amblix

Reaction score
Link Removed

Mod Edit. Please do not post warez sites.
Please take this as your only warning.

kevev99

Reaction score
As a Netflix subscriber I think this will be a useful app. Especially on days at work when it's slow and I need something other than Podcasts or Sirius to listen to. Can't wait for this to be released, as well as an app to control my Comcast DVR.

porr1

Reaction score
That is great news can't wait for thisdancedroid

BMWBig6

Reaction score
so please pardon my ignorance, but until the Netflix app is released, there is not an (officially supported) way to view Netflix videos on one's Android phone?

kevev99

Reaction score
so please pardon my ignorance, but until the Netflix app is released, there is not an (officially supported) way to view Netflix videos on one's Android phone?

Correct. We have to wait (hopefully not too long :)). I haven't tried just going to the Netflix site via the browser to see if it works or not. I know the website uses Silverlight if you stream via PC, so not sure that even with Flash on your phone that it'll work.

Dan_08

Reaction score
I can't wait! I'd use it on my droid, but even better is with this app on the upcoming Tablets. That would be great to sit on the deck of my house while the kids are playing, while i watch movies on my Android Tablet.

romeov

Reaction score
I can't wait for this! it's going to be so bad ass whipping out my Droid anywhere I don't have a wifi signal and kickin back to watch a full length movie right from Netflix on my Verizon Wireless unlimited data plan!

Wait.. what? My producers are telling me there will be no more unlimited data plan, and a Netflix movie will end up costing around $379.99 in data overage charges...

Awesome.

smokin5s

Reaction score
I honestly want this more for my Android tablet than to stream acros my droid. I don't see watching movies on my Droid, but a 7 inch screen is more than enough, especially while connected to a mifi while on a road trip to keep my kids quiet.

CharlesT

Reaction score
Thanks liam. But are you willing to watch a movie that's constantly freezing while buffering? Or are you able to stream successfully without much interruption? Certainly, we don't know how Netflix will work when released for the Droid, but based on my video experience with the Droid, I don't think it will be very successful at full streaming. Maybe it's just where I live...

I used it on an iPhone 4, on AT&Ts slow ass network and there were no interruptions.

romeov

Reaction score
Remember. Netflix has a really good algorithm for changing the bitrate of the stream on the fly. Which varies according to signal strength/data speed.

It does it all in the background so the quality may lower for a few seconds while your signal fades, but usually it will keep the stream going, and get sharper as it improves.

kapeman

Reaction score
I honestly want this more for my Android tablet than to stream acros my droid. I don't see watching movies on my Droid, but a 7 inch screen is more than enough, especially while connected to a mifi while on a road trip to keep my kids quiet.

Yes, but if you have an HDMI cable...

kechamb

Reaction score
Can't wait will enjoy this so much. I enjoy watching movies while I lay in bed at night and this way do not have to bother wife with tv.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
What a useless app when you consider the 5gig data limit.

Ron W.