Netflix coming soon

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Probably just one of those guys who was led to believe Verizons unlimted Data plan caps off at 5 gigs.

lol

BleedingEdge

Reaction score
RE Netflix

I'm a hardcore Netflix fan using laptops and a Blu-ray player with Netflix access for my TV. Not sure I'd be that excited about trying to stream to a mobile handset after the novelty wears off. If you like the idea of watching TV episodes and maybe movies (some time in the future) AND being able to save them for later viewing where 3G isn't so hot - get BitBop. It has an Android client but it's not on the Android Market site yet. Google "Bitbop" and there's links on the site to send a download link to your phone for installation. You can stream video but I prefer to download and watch it at my convenience. The Bitbop program wants you to choose WiFi for downloads or you can download over 3G. An hour long show takes up about 120MB of storage and has stayed playable several days - as long as you have a Bitbop license. Video quality is not hi-def, however it plays in widescreen and looks better than standard digital TV in my opinion. It has more 'this week' TV shows than Netflix i.e NCIS, CSI(s), The Event but not Fringe and some other favorites, so it's great for watching missed episodes. It also covers a few syndicated cable shows too. The price is about ten bucks a month.
I use a Droid 2. Performance is excellent. Color saturation is a bit less than I like when watching TV but it's probably more accurate. There also a free trial - 3 days I think.

kechamb

Reaction score
I want my netflix app. I have a hard time getting to sleep some nights and will lay in bed and watch a movie on my D2, with Netflix I will just have so much more at my finger tips.

GREENsasha

Reaction score
I have a rooted Motorola Droid 2 and I have watched Netflix from NY to VA with only a 20 minute break in signal. If some people have problems watching YouTube videos may I suggest getting a better phone with a faster processor and more memory. I used WiFi Tether for Root users and connected my laptop. If you use a rooted handset there is no cap on data usage on your computer as there would be with Verizon's mobile hotspot. As far as watching on the phone itself could come in useful when you have nothing to do in the middle of nowhere, any time. Can't wait to see it!dancedroid