Netflix coming soon

Robster

Reaction score
Iphone now has a Neflix app. I am still waiting for the Android version!

HamDog

Reaction score
In my opinion, there are apps that are neat and there are apps that are useful. I can see this app as "neat", but not useful. I live in the Los Angeles area and can't even watch a simple non-HD Youtube flick without having the screen freeze and buffer constantly. It would also seem pointless to watch an entire movie on such a small screen. And to kill your battery. Under what circumstances would you be provoked to watch a streaming movie from Netflix on your Droid or any other phone?

liam.

Reaction score
When you are stuck sitting at work or on a long train ride home... for you it may not be usefull but I can name a few times when this would be useful
Sent from my Droid

HamDog

Reaction score
Thanks liam. But are you willing to watch a movie that's constantly freezing while buffering? Or are you able to stream successfully without much interruption? Certainly, we don't know how Netflix will work when released for the Droid, but based on my video experience with the Droid, I don't think it will be very successful at full streaming. Maybe it's just where I live...

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Thanks liam. But are you willing to watch a movie that's constantly freezing while buffering? Or are you able to stream successfully without much interruption? Certainly, we don't know how Netflix will work when released for the Droid, but based on my video experience with the Droid, I don't think it will be very successful at full streaming. Maybe it's just where I live...

I could see watching TV show episodes on it, but probably not full movies. But I'll take it for FREE since I have Netflix anyway...

Panamakevin

Reaction score
In my opinion, there are apps that are neat and there are apps that are useful. I can see this app as "neat", but not useful. I live in the Los Angeles area and can't even watch a simple non-HD Youtube flick without having the screen freeze and buffer constantly. It would also seem pointless to watch an entire movie on such a small screen. And to kill your battery. Under what circumstances would you be provoked to watch a streaming movie from Netflix on your Droid or any other phone?

I use my phone all the time to watch movies and TV shows... I use alot of public transportation... I probably watch 2-3 movies a week on the way to and from work... while i am sure i could use my time to do somethign more productive, I find this to be a great way to kill an hour commute here and there...

It would be awesome if you could save the movies to your phone for use later as well... then it would work for all the flights i take to boot...

liam.

Reaction score

I could see watching TV show episodes on it, but probably not full movies. But I'll take it for FREE since I have Netflix anyway...
+1 I already have Netflix so for me its worth it plus when I'm at work looking at an easy 8hours of OT I don't mind leaving my phone plugged in for a little while (pause the movie let the movie DL and buffer) I can sit and read the paper do something else for that time plus where I work there is free wifi available and its amazing. Not to start a pissing match but I think this would be pretty cool.

Sent from my Droid

chayes627

Reaction score
I think more useful if you already have netflix and good connections 3g and wifi easily available in the places you frequent

johaBBa

Reaction score
This would be awesome.

I only use Netflix to watch movies and TV online. I let my wife fuss with the DVDs.

Soon I will be able to queue up 8hrs of movies and do nothing at all at work without using the office network. I still haven't managed to get Hulu to work on Froyo. It seems hulu detects the OS and redirects.

Robster

Reaction score
My coworker has an Iphone 3G and he just installed Netflix and we watched a few minutes of a show on it. This was done using WiFi and it worked perfectly, as one would expect with WiFi. He has no way of knowing how it would work with 3G because in our area ATT does not yet offer 3G, only Verizon does. I always give him a hard time since I have had 3G for the better part of a year with my Droid and he can't use it on his Iphone. Anyway, Netflix with WiFi works perfectly on his Iphone. Hopefully it will come soon for the Droid and work as well. I would be interested to see how it does on 3G since it should be quite a while before we get 4G here.

spower

Reaction score

I use my phone all the time to watch movies and TV shows... I use alot of public transportation... I probably watch 2-3 movies a week on the way to and from work... while i am sure i could use my time to do somethign more productive, I find this to be a great way to kill an hour commute here and there...

It would be awesome if you could save the movies to your phone for use later as well... then it would work for all the flights i take to boot...

What site do you watch movies from? This would be very useful for ma as well. Thanks in advance!