need to turn off SD Card notifications

jayman350

Reaction score
I know there is a checkbox to turn off the SD Card Notifications, the problem is that it doesn't do anything. I am sick of hearing the DROOOID sound any time I plug my phone into my PC. I tried renaming the droid notification tone, but it just uses a different sound instead. What am I missing here?

useltonm

Reaction score
On my phone it shows under sound settings then feedback. However, my option is grayed out. Perhaps because I'm not rooted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
jayman350

jayman350

Reaction score
that is strange, i have always had the option to turn it off, even before rooting, the problem is that it has never worked :icon_evil:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I went through every ringtone app trying to find a really quick almost unnoticeable notification. If you get the "facebook pop" sound from Zedge, its so soft and fast you wont notice it!

OP
jayman350

jayman350

Reaction score
that is a good idea tgyberg, I think it would have to be renamed to droid.ogg in order for it to be used as the notification sound. I'm gonna try that out now.

edit: ok, you don't need to rename it, just select the facebook pop as your notification sound under Settings>Sound>Notification . I am using gosms so I can select a different notification sound than the rest of the system, which is why i was getting the droid sound in the first place.

thanks again tgyberg you got me going in the right direction.

Last edited:

wseyller

Reaction score
Good idea. Set that up as notification in system settings then setup your normal notification within the text messaging app.