Need to root my phone

greycobalt

Reaction score
My only hesitation with the pre-rooted version is any updates they would send out for GB. I'm still only half a year old in smart-phone land, so I don't know how often that is. Would most updates just be inconsequential overall?

Honestly this all stems from my horrific hatred of setting up my phone and app settings repeatedly after I get them how I like them. :(

greycobalt

Reaction score
That's what I've heard, but I guess I'm really incompetent because I can't seem to manage it. :(

Titanium Backup requires root, but last time I tried backing stuff up with that it disappeared anyway. There's not a lot of data I care about saving, or even the apps themselves, just their settings and how I have all my homescreens set up. Re-doing them every time just wears me down.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Try MyBackup Or MyBackup Root, They Do The Same Thing Except With The Root You Can Save Applications As Apks. It's Close To Titanium But I Use This Over TiBu For Backing Up Data.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My only hesitation with the pre-rooted version is any updates they would send out for GB. I'm still only half a year old in smart-phone land, so I don't know how often that is. Would most updates just be inconsequential overall?

Honestly this all stems from my horrific hatred of setting up my phone and app settings repeatedly after I get them how I like them. :(

They don't send updates out that often. About every 6 months at the most is what I have seen with my X. And one of those was a minor one.

CM74DX

greycobalt

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot later today. Is there any way you know of to preserve my homescreen setups? Or my actual phone settings?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mybackup and if you use Launcher Pro,you can make a backup of your homescreens.

CM74DX