Need to root my phone

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
I have a dx2 and I want to root it but I also want gingerbread. Cuz right now im stock with froyo, do what is the easiest way top achieve this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

LaCross

Reaction score
Im in the same situation. And i dont understand everything thats in the stickies either. some info is also outdated.

Except im already at 2.3.3

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Also If You Don't Have The First Clue Do Some Reading And Watch Some YouTube Videos First. When Anyone Comes Running Back Screaming Their Head Off They F'ed Up, I Don't Have Much Sympathy But I'm Willing To Help Get It Back Operational.

LaCross

Reaction score
Trust me. I've been reading for 2 days. My brain is about to explode. I havent rooted a phone since i had my G1 back in '08.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Good Keep Reading I've Been Absorbing Information Since February 1st Last Year And It Keeps Moving Forward With New Things Every Week/Month. My Suggestion To All New People DON'T Do Anything Until You Are Confident You're Not Gonna Mess Up.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
When Asking Questions Please Post Your Question In That Thread, Meaning The Gingerbread Sticky. To Me There Has Been No Bugs Other People Are Complaining About HDMI And The Screen Becoming Unresponsive. Keep Looking Thru The Threads And Another Site For Reading More Threads Is XDA Developers.

LaCross

Reaction score
the screen becomes unresponsive? that doesnt sound too good

Tacomatrd4x402

Reaction score
Trust me. I've been reading for 2 days. My brain is about to explode. I havent rooted a phone since i had my G1 back in '08.

I'm new to rooting. Never rooted before. Took me a couple days of researching n finally did it on my dx2. Luckily for uis, there is the ability to sbf. To my understanding, that's what you'll hafta do first off. Its rather quite easy once you do it once.

Oh and as for the pre root TB...I've had no issues whatsoever on my end. Issues I've had were cause I may have deleted system files that shouldn't have been.

I do recommend you purchase root explorer and titanium backup pro. Two great apps!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't flame my ignorance plz, but what's it looking like for a non pre-rooted GB timeframe?

I doubt that it will happen. Nothing has happened to rooting the GB OTA for the X and that's been out for awhile. The pre rooted version is easy enough to install though.

CM74DX