Need to return phone to factory & uninstall Clockworkmod Recovery

zeldarocks

Reaction score
I am needing to return my Droid X to factory settings, I originally rooted with z4root (which should be a simple matter of hitting "unroot"), but what I'm having trouble with is actually finding a way to remove Clockworkmod Recovery (given that I am going to be trading this phone in for an iphone and will need to pass off as not having been tampered with). How can I restore to factory settings sans any evidence of tampering with my phone?

zachdroid

Reaction score
I am needing to return my Droid X to factory settings, I originally rooted with z4root (which should be a simple matter of hitting "unroot"), but what I'm having trouble with is actually finding a way to remove Clockworkmod Recovery (given that I am going to be trading this phone in for an iphone and will need to pass off as not having been tampered with). How can I restore to factory settings sans any evidence of tampering with my phone?

I'm pretty sure you need to sbf back to stock barebones like it was out if the box. Use rsdlite and find the correct sbf files and ut will erase everything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Z

zeldarocks

Reaction score
I followed the instructions on droidxforums.com and successfully flashed the .sbf file; is that all there is to it?

zachdroid

Reaction score
I followed the instructions on droidxforums.com and successfully flashed the .sbf file; is that all there is to it?

Should be. Sbf is like nuking everything on the phone. Glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Z

zeldarocks

Reaction score
I noticed that when I updated to 2.3 via OTA, that the dialer and contacts icons were missing (defaulting to the gear icon); this was rectified by creating a shortcut to them through the apps menu... Was that supposed to happen? Should I restore once more in case anything else may have been moved/messed with?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pull battery, put back in, hold power and home, release power at M screen, wait for triangle, press search key (hold vol buttons if on GB) factory reset, reboot.