ClockworkMod Recovery

steelersfan

Reaction score
Hi, I rooted my droid 2 using z4root and had no problems. Then I decided to install Liberty toolbox donate and installed liberty 2.0.1 and everything was fine. The next day I tried to install a theme from the Liberty toolbox donate and every time I go to load i get this:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/factory reset
-install zip form sdcard
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-andvanced

I am not sure where to go from here... I am able to load the home screen by taking the battery out and then powering up but I dont want to be doing that every time.

Thanks

pressguy27

Reaction score
Hi, I rooted my droid 2 using z4root and had no problems. Then I decided to install Liberty toolbox donate and installed liberty 2.0.1 and everything was fine. The next day I tried to install a theme from the Liberty toolbox donate and every time I go to load i get this:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/factory reset
-install zip form sdcard
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-andvanced

I am not sure where to go from here... I am able to load the home screen by taking the battery out and then powering up but I dont want to be doing that every time.

Thanks

What its doing is booting into clockwork recovery, you can install the theme from the recovery by install zip from sd card option. Try installing the bootstrapper app for the liberty toolbox and then try to reinstall the theme from the toolbox

Sent from my DROID2

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
OK so do i just use the volume buttons and the power buttons to do that then?

Also I had already installed the bootstrapper app from the liberty toolbox

pressguy27

Reaction score
No you shouldn't have to do that. Did you check you sd card to see if the theme downloaded ok.

Sent from my DROID2

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
when i went to install zip form sdcard and apply selecting the only yes option it says no such file exists. Did i do the process right or do i have to do it in a different order?

pressguy27

Reaction score
when i went to install zip form sdcard and apply selecting the only yes option it says no such file exists. Did i do the process right or do i have to do it in a different order?

Are you going into clockwork recovery or the stock recovery because you want the clockwork recovery. In clockwork you choose install zip from sd, then choose zip, then go to liberty folder, then themes, choose the theme, scroll down to yes install and it should install

Sent from my DROID2

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score

Are you going into clockwork recovery or the stock recovery because you want the clockwork recovery. In clockwork you choose install zip from sd, then choose zip, then go to liberty folder, then themes, choose the theme, scroll down to yes install and it should install

Sent from my DROID2

yes when it reboots it goes into ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6 .. Yes that is what I did. I did that process and I selected the theme that I wanted and it said that it installed. Then i went back and said reboot. Do I have to do something else because it goes back to the stock liberty everytime that i try that. thanks

pressguy27

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

yes when it reboots it goes into ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6 .. Yes that is what I did. I did that process and I selected the theme that I wanted and it said that it installed. Then i went back and said reboot. Do I have to do something else because it goes back to the stock liberty everytime that i try that. thanks

It sounds like you did everything right. Try mounting the system in clockwork, go mount then mount system, should say unmount if done right. And try clearing just your cache too.

Sent from my DROID2

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
ok and is the mount in the reloading screen? What is mount? sorry I'm just new to this. I may just be stuck hitting reset for a while till I figure this out lol

pressguy27

Reaction score
Mount is for mounting the internal card on your phone so it can modified the system or data

Sent from my DROID2

pressguy27

Reaction score
If you can't get it to work its probably a bad download. You can go to jrummy16.com and download the theme straight from the sever and try that route

Sent from my DROID2

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
thanks for your help. I'll try that in a little bit and see if that works... so just to clarify if it said it installed but just went back to stock it was likely a bad download.

pchakmak

Reaction score
Hey all...this is a def a noob question. Im a little confused on what ClockworkMod Recovery is? Is this a nandroid backup?

And finally difference between a nandroid backup and backing up via titanium?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes, clockwork recovery allows you to make a complete system backup & allows you to restore should something go wrong.

Titanium Backup allows you to make a backup of apps and their data so that you may restore them when switching ROMs - you only want to restore market apps thru tibu as restoring system apps on different ROMs can have adverse effects.

~to powerful to fall into the wrong hands~