Need to remove app data from non rooted phone

germangirl251

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with this issue for a long time now and I finally broke down and decided to post on forums to see if anyone has an idea.

In 12/12 I was using a Droid Razr (XT912). The phone got the ICS update and has been unrooted ever since. Previously the phone was rooted. I stupidly did not backup the phone before updating so I don't have even an old backup. I would like to get data off of the phone for a couple of different applications, all games. Mainly because I didn't money on the progress made do I do not want to lose it.

I've tried wire a few different things to access this data which I will list below.

1. I did try to re root the phone. Any rooting method does not work. I am aware I will need to master reset the phone to get this to work, but we run into the original dilemma with this.

2. I have tried helium. This does not work. I believe it is not fully compatible with some Motorola phones.

3. I have tried several other backup apps for non rooted phones. I don't remember the names of all of them but I'm pretty sure I also tried super backup. At any rate all of them failed.

4. I have tried the pc version of easy adb backup. When running this backup I encountered an error. I believe this program also has a compatibility issue with some Motorola phones.

I am not very familiar with the adb developer tools that are available for pc. I am willing to try almost anything at this point. I would also be willing to go to a company that specializes in this type of data extraction if one existed. I've just been working with this issue off and on every few months for the past year. I am tired of holding onto the old phone and would like to put it to rest once I can get the data off.

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

If the app/game doesn't have the ability to access the data by way of saving it or moving it to another location rooting would be the only way to get it. None of the backup apps will work ion the data if you aren't rooted.