How to Backup Apps .....

vja4Him

Reaction score
I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard spot .... Tomorrow I will receive a new phone from T-Mobile. They are replacing my Note 3 because of so many issues with KitKat.

I would like to back up my apps (not just the app settings), but have not yet been able to find a way to do that .....

I purchased Helium Premium, but will not work for me. My iBook G4 is too old, and my son's computer will not work with Helium.

I also purchased MyBackup, but it will only backup to my phone, which is no good.

I've tried several backup services, but doesn't work either. Since I don't have a computer that is compatible with any backup service I've found, I need to backup to Dropbox, or another Storage service, or to my SD card, which has plenty of space (64GB).

Any ideas, or will I simply have to download all of my apps all over again ... ??? i already did that once, after doing a Factory Reset.

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
Helium works great. . Why no good with computer? ..

N3 tap

We kept getting an error telling us to remove the device, and reboot the computer. Disconnected my Note 3, rebooted my son's computer, and get the same error, even when my Note 3 was not connected!!! We tried three or four times, but get the same error.

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
My iBook G4 is not compatible with Kies, so that won't work either. Now I'm getting the same error as before on my Note 3 ...

>>> "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped." So now I can't do anything with my Note 3 anyways.

Looks like I will be stuck with manually downloading all of my apps all over again. Already went through this a few days ago ...... This is just one of many KitKat Bugs ......

lterry913

Reaction score
I may be way off on this but it's worth mentioning that I had to install adroid file transfer on my friends mac to be able to transfer any android files. I don't know if you may need this to transfer files to your coputer or not. The playstore keeps track of my installed apps and upon receiving a new phone I just went through the list and hit install. I guess I didn't know there was an easier way. It also keeps track of them under all apps, but you would have to clean that section out before you got rid of your phone so the list wouldn't include everything you've uninstalled.
Good luck.