Need to get new Droid- how do I get my apps?

dvm109

Reaction score
I need to get a new Moto Droid to replace my existing one, as it is acting up. How do I get my existing apps and contacts transferred over to my new phone? Do I have to start all over again? Thanks!

Reaction score
I need to get a new Moto Droid to replace my existing one, as it is acting up. How do I get my existing apps and contacts transferred over to my new phone? Do I have to start all over again? Thanks!

Your contacts and apps are automatically synced with your gmail account. You may have to re-download all your apps from the market but they will all be there!

acedzero

Reaction score
Your contacts will be synced to your new phone once you set it up. You might have to redownload apps from the market, but anything you purchased, you will not have to again.

There might be an app that can back up apps/settings on your phone but I'm not sure?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually you will find all your paid apps in the download folder of the Market. Any unpaid apps you will have to find and download again. As the previous poster said contacts are backed up by Google.

OP
D

dvm109

Reaction score
So, for example, my Financisto data, or my favorites on my ringtones, will those be saved, or will I lose all that data and have to re-enter all of it when I download the apps to my new phone? Thanks!

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
There is an app, called app manager that will back up all of your apps to your sd card and restore them as well.

Or if you are rooted you can create a nandroid backup then restore it and not have to do anything else.

cpinto

Reaction score

This worked perfectly ...

Download MyBackupPro

Back your apps and contacts, just check all the boxes.

Backup to the SD card.

Also open your list of contacts, and Export them to the SD card.

I also copy everything from my SD card to a computer as an additional backup every few weeks.

When you get the new phone, have them swap SD cards.

Now download MyBackupPro again and restore from the card.

If the contacts don't properly restore, then IMPORT from the SD card.

Worked perfectly for me.

Remember to backup your contacts in TWO ways, as explained above.

Google contacts restore may or may not work. Don't depend on it.

Craig

calicocal

Reaction score
Just wondering, when you bring your apps back with MyBackupPro do you lose all of your settings and saved data? Or will it back that up too?

cpinto

Reaction score
Just wondering, when you bring your apps back with MyBackupPro do you lose all of your settings and saved data? Or will it back that up too?

I would say 90 % + is saved. Maybe 100%.

Tried to restore contacts from google and had a mess that look a lot of time to clean up.