Need to add extra .png files for battery meter using ninjamorph.....

tracker1502

Reaction score
Ok, here's what i got....I'm trying to change the current battery icon on liberty 1.0 using ninjamorph. Everything goes well but for the charging portion, there are only .png files for 1-5 when i really need 1-10. I've changed out the xml to incorporate the extra frames but how do i "add" the 6-10 frames to complete the entire charging cycle?

Thanks!

XDRDX

Reaction score
You can't do that it also requires editing .XML files you would need a metamorph not a ninjamorph and I have yet to see one that modifies xml's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
T

tracker1502

Reaction score
I don't need to write the XML files, I've got the XML file that incorporates the extra frames. Just need to know how to add the extra 5 .png files. Or is there a way to package it and install it using metamorph?

And the reason I was needing the ten is the icon animation goes by 10% increments, or 10 frames. Not really 10 animations, but one animation built out of 10 .png files.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

XDRDX

Reaction score
If you were changing the charging animation you would need to decompile your current framework insert the charge changes in the xml and recompile the framework with the images in the drawable-hdpi folder.

The new charging animation xml would have to have values for the images and time in milliseconds you want each image to display for then you would need to declare the new .png's and associate a hex value in the public.XML. At that point replace and insert the new charging images to the drawable-hdpi folder. Recompile the framework then using option 11 in apk manager then say yes and yes.

Delete the files you have changed from the keep folder because those are files pulled from the source framework so that your changes will be placed in the new framework. Then delete resources.arsc and hit any key in apk manager. Then zipalign the framework and flash it via update.zip.

OP
T

tracker1502

Reaction score
The XML values are all set already. I got the XML files and images as a package from another rom. All I was needing was how to zip it and install it. Thanks for your help! I'm going to try to install it tonight using your instructions XDRDX.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

XDRDX

Reaction score
Yes but changes to XML that add new values not just change colors require recompiling the entire framework because the variable declarations for items like images within the xml's reside in a compiled file called resources.arsc within the framework. So any change to something such as you are describing would require decompiling and recompiling the framework-res.apk so don't do it without decompiling and recompiling. You will also get errors if you try recompiling an already themed framework so you need to make sure you start with a base rom framework that was compiled from source of the rom. Such as if using rubix start with the one that came with the rom not an already themed one.

You are quite welcome if you have any questions let me know. If you are using apk manager also make sure you switch the apktool version from the 1.3.2 version that comes with apk manager 4.9 with the apktool version 1.3.1 from apktool's Google source site.

OP
T

tracker1502

Reaction score
Ok, sounds good. I'll give it a shot and see if it works. If anything i'll back everything up and hopefully it all goes as expected....good! haha And i think that the 1.3.1 is the one i have on my laptop from last night but i'll definitely double check.

One quick question....with this actualy changing the declarations inside of the resources.arsc file, is there a way to install it via a .zip file using metamorph? I've done it previously using metamorph with a different battery icon pack.

XDRDX

Reaction score
Not really sure I have never used metamorph. I have only ever decompile modified and recompiled entire frameworks. And I have not even done that much of that. I have however used ninjamorph just to change images though.