Need some guidance ....

Reaction score
Droid 2.2
rooted
some bloatware - .bak'd
deodexed

Getting notification for update. Was told I will have to sbf to get update. Here is where the questions come.....

I have titanium backup - have backed up my applications and data.
After I sbf - get update - reroot - install titanium - and reinstall? or do I need to re-deodex ? then reinstall apps and data ?

Just not sure what order I need to do things to get back to where I am .... Want to get the order right before I start at it...

Thanks for anyone that can shed some light on this for me!!!

the5barrons

Reaction score
Not sure about deodexing before reinstall of apps. Are you themed/rom'd?

"what evrrrrr"

Just thinkn'. I had a couple little tweaks beyond the theme on my phone (never rom'd though) and I ended up having to sbf. If it is anything more than just "rooted"...it can be a PITA to get the update to take.

If you can eliminate the deodex and get the stock 2.2 apps to be there and there isn't anything tweaked on the build.prop than it should take the update. I just found that instead of wasting my time to trying to find the needle in the haystack, to just sbf, start clean and go from there.

Truthfully though, I'm finding that the update didn't really do much. I think wifi is a little more stable and 3G seems to be more sturdy. Battery life has dropped a little (maybe 2 hours) and other than a couple quirks and changes to some other pages and settings, it's virtually the same. IF you like or love what you're running....don't come off of it for the 2.2.1. I wish I had just stayed on my 928's BGX theme...not to say I'm really disappointed, just sayin'

Last edited: