Need some advice to help me decide...

darklight026

Reaction score
Ok to make a long story short....back in October my xbox live account was hacked and all my ms points stolen. (victim of fifa 12 hack) Microsoft said they would investigate and it could take 25 days. So 25 days came and I had my account back and points reimbursed, all was good in the world :) 4 days later....hacked AGAIN!!! This time was worse cause I had more ms points and whoever the doucher was tried to charge my debit card for 6000 ms points! I called Microsoft and the same 25 day period was given to me for investigation.
85 DAYS LATER I finally hear from Microsoft and have my account and points back....but sold the xbox a month prior.

Now the part I need some advice on is...
Should I go ahead and get another xbox and hope this crap doesn't AGAIN or should I get a ps3?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ivan_411

Reaction score
Well, it all depends on what you like. Have you invested a lot of money in xbox games and the MS points?

OP
D

darklight026

Reaction score
I did but I have sold all the games and have codes for the points I've lost. I'm kinda starting fresh. All my friends hav a 360 and nobody I know has a ps3 but I kinda want to play some of the ps3 exclusives and old ps1 games

ivan_411

Reaction score
The fact that all your friends have 360's is what I think is the toughest decision.
The PS3 is great. Ive had one for 5 years. I havent played any of the old ps1 games yet. they have also released some ps2 games on it converted to HD. The ps3 is pretty cheap now, compared to the 600 dollars it was when i got it ($666.48 to be exact).

samiusmc

Reaction score
I'd go with the Atari. They have a great new game called Pong.

OP
D

darklight026

Reaction score
I already have a ps3 on layaway and was planning to get it Thursday but then I got that email yesterday about my live account. I wish I could jus get them both right now but I can't

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Well, I'm a fan of both systems 360 for halo/gow and ps3 for free online play, I got a 2nd Generation ps3 in november for $250 it included a bluetooth, 2 controllers and red dead redemption, undead nightmare, black ops, final fyntasy 13 and Rainbow six vegas 1 & 2. If you could manage a nice deal like this than go for it.l!

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

OP
D

darklight026

Reaction score
I bought the ps3, kept it for a day and took it back. Its nowhere near as good as xbox 360.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Personally I use a PS3, but if my friends had 360's I'd stick with that.
How much gaming do you do with your friends, there most likely not going to run out and buy ps3's.
That being said, if I were truly starting fresh, I'd go with the ps3, bluray and free online gaming.
I do miss Halo though.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I bought the ps3, kept it for a day and took it back. Its nowhere near as good as xbox 360.

Personally and from what I've experienced in online gaming, PS3 is the way to go. Not a fanboi, it's just that on XBOX Live, I always come across the mad guy who won't stop talking crap more than on PS3. Also, PS3 haves a way lower chance of someone hacking into your account.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

msengul

Reaction score
I think a ps3 is fine. Had one for 3 years and still loving it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LetsMoshJosh

Reaction score
ps3 online is too easy compared to xbox. So yeah, xbox is a much better choice.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
For online play I would say Xbox Live is superior, but I personally found gamers more annoying on there. I sold my Xbox after my 3mo supply of free Live was up, got bored with it. I play my ps3 quite a bit and I love it.