Need new phone (want motorolla) suggestions?

hannah119955

Reaction score
Need new phone. I have had the droidX and the droid razzor maxx. I loved the droidX. Wasn't as big of a fan of the droid razzor maxx. I definitely want to get a motorolla, any suggestions?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What are you new here? oh... hahahaha
Just joking.

Moto X. All damn day.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I say the maxx...but to each his own..

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

Scott0719

Reaction score
I'm also torn between these two. I wish I knew when the Maxx was getting kit kat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Don't let the Droid RAZR MAXX and your past experience with it sway you from the Droid MAXX...they are two ENTIRELY different phones. I have the MAXX and absolutely LOVE it. I also had the RAZR MAXX, but believe me it wasn't even a close second to this phone. The Droid MAXX certainly learned a few "tricks" from the Droid RAZR MAXX, such as the Kevlar back (which is now not just the back but also sides and wraps up on the front at the bottom), the laminated internal design (layers of board, digitizer, screen battery and back sandwiched with double-sided tape to increase rigidity), and not the least of which is the giant battery. However it didn't stop there.

It's now a higher resolution screen, a larger display, Gorilla Glass 3, and the X8 Processor technology where it uses a combination of large dual-core processors and smaller dual and single core processors to both maximize speed and fluidity, while also minimizing battery consumption, and still better, enhancing the user experience by providing real screen content even while not being used with the Active Display feature. Another feature I really love is the ability to control it without ever even taking it out of my pocket - all by simple voice commands. It can send emails, texts, play music, route a trip with full navigation, answer a quick question about things such as weather and other basic topics, or do much more intensive web searches.

True, the Moto X can do most of the same things, but I prefer the larger screen, larger battery, Kevlar wrapped chassis, and really have no need for the customization that the X offers. As is often said, to each his own, but I'd give the MAXX a good look before making your final decision.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm also torn between these two. I wish I knew when the Maxx was getting kit kat.

You can have it now. I did. It's a simple download and side-load install. Go to Droid Maxx 4.4 OTA zip download - xda-developers. You will need to unzip the file, save it to the phone's SD card, I didn't even rename it, but ran it right from the file list as it was named originally, and pay close attention...you will need to flash it TWICE!!! Believe me, the first time I did it, I totally missed that it needed to be done twice (Yeah...didn't read the instructions - too excited), but once I realized that I had to run the flashing sequence a second time it was a cinch.

The first flash is because the current version of the OS apparently doesn't support the flashing method used for KitKat, so in the first flash it actually installs the KitKat compatible flashing app. The second flash actually then flashes the OS with the 4.4 KitKat OS.

See my screen shot below as proof.

qede6apy.jpg

e7utynu4.jpg

Scott0719

Reaction score
Do you have to root to do that? And is it the official ota version?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Do you have to root to do that? And is it the official ota version?

No you do not need root and it was pulled.

The maxx is getting kitkat soon.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Not sure if I would want to do that. But getting back to the moto x vs maxx. I just compared the specs and aside from obvious things like screen and battery they are pretty much the same. Once the Maxx gets kit kat they won't really be any different inside.