Need help...

cleave

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my OG Droid. It is rooted, but I have noticed it is continually slowing down. I have done several resets, but it still seems to slow down shortly afterwards. I'm not eligible for an upgrade, so i'm thinking of getting a used Android phone off of craigslist or Ebay (spending around $200 - $250). The problem is, i'm not sure what phone to get. I would like a phone with a bigger screen, and a phone that runs faster. It seems every time I pick out a phone, I read bad reviews about it (ie. Horrible battery life, freezing up, etc.). My question is, can someone recommend an all around good phone that may not be the best, but still has a bigger screen, no physical keypad, front and rear camera, and is somewhat fast? I don't really talk a lot on a cell phone, primarily texting, surfing the internet, Facebook, pictures, music, and navigation. I know that most phones are a personal preference, i'm just hoping for a couple of good recommendations. Also, it needs to work on Verizon network. I was thinking of the Galaxy S (i don't think it has a ff camera) or the x2, or possibly the Charge? Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I would go with the original x. Its plenty fast enough to hold you over till your upgrade. Plus u can usually get one for between $100-$150.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
X2 is a good choice and you should be able to find one right @ your price point. Only thing is does not have is a front facing camera. Keep something in mind. No matter what phone you set your sites on, with research you will always come across negative comments by someone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know someone who recently purchased the Charge and they love it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

clueless77

Reaction score
Don't know if you like modding your phone but the X has lots of ROM's and I personally love my X

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
For something cheap just to hold you over, I would get the X. Most phones don't have the FF camera anyway. The X has way more development on it and will be more fun Modding. It also never had music skipping issues or anything like that to worry about.

Boot Manager

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
For the price you're willing to spend I don't think you'll find too many phones with what you want.

As other members have posted, the best phone for you that I would recommend is the X, it's a great phone to hold you over until your upgrade is available and you can get one for around $150. However if you don't want to wait I've seen some Charges going for around $250-$300 in my area on craigslist. The Charge fits all your needs and then some. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money, but if you're going to spend up to $250, I say just throw in another $50 and try to get yourself a Charge that fits all your needs. The Charge would hold you over til your upgrade and possibly even further as it's one of the newer models, and by the time you feel like you want to switch again I'm sure a whole bunch of other models will be available, maybe even some with ICS if you're interested in that.

Last edited:
OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
Thanks guys...i found a barely used samsung charge for $300 that I really like.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks guys...i found a barely used samsung charge for $300 that I really like.

nice pickup.

That'll do more than just hold you over, you might not want another device for awhile

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
nice pickup.

That'll do more than just hold you over, you might not want another device for awhile

Thanks, I'm hoping it does hold me over. The only problem I'm having is the fact that I installed a few apps from the market, now I noticed my internal storage is down to 1.03 gb. I moved as many apps as I could to the sd card, but I guess it's because of the bloatware? Wish I knew how to root.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks, I'm hoping it does hold me over. The only problem I'm having is the fact that I installed a few apps from the market, now I noticed my internal storage is down to 1.03 gb. I moved as many apps as I could to the sd card, but I guess it's because of the bloatware? Wish I knew how to root.

You can try this: [Instructions] How To Root The Verizon Samsung Droid Charge