Need help Uninstalling

sk8inglife

Reaction score
I'm totally new to all of this.I rooted my droid 2 with z4 root and I got all the rooted apps. And somehow I uploaded apex but I didn't get all my apps back. I backed them up using appbrain but all I got were the apps I paid for.So I've decided to unistall apex but I'm not sure what to do.

thebird36

Reaction score
did you make a nandroid backup before installing the rom? and to back up all of your apps you should download titanium backup it only requires root access and its free

OP
S

sk8inglife

Reaction score
umm I'm not sure what that is
I used app brain to backup my apps but like I said when I uploaded the rom it only gave me my paid apps. my contacts and photos are all backed up on my sd card
I have titanium backup but I don't like how you have to choose all the apps individually so I though appbrain would work

thebird36

Reaction score
Nandroid backup is the backup of your current phone status ur supposed to backup b4 putting a rom on and you don't have to individually select in titanium wen u go to backups and restore you hit the menu soft key and hit batch and then put the apps and data on and it'll put it on by itself

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

sk8inglife

Reaction score
I did all of that but I just want to get back to the regular factory settings instead of using apex

miketoasty

Reaction score
I did all of that but I just want to get back to the regular factory settings instead of using apex

Your best bet since you didn't make a backup is to just SBF back to stock. It will put your phone back to how you got it whenever you first got the phone.

OP
S

sk8inglife

Reaction score
okay what does sbf mean and how do I do it? also I did back up everything using titanium and mybackup so once I get back to stock can I just restore everything back?(my apps music pictures and stuff)

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
okay what does sbf mean and how do I do it? also I did back up everything using titanium and mybackup so once I get back to stock can I just restore everything back?(my apps music pictures and stuff)
i would encourage you to do more research in the future before you begin making such drastic changes to your Phone. First thing you need is Koush's Bootstrap recovery app. It is available in the market for $2. This will allow you to access a custom recovery mode different than the one that comes stock on the phone. Here you can make (Nandroid) backups of your entire phone. (It occurred to me you must have bootstrapped to clockworkmod recovery to have installed apex) So next time make a backup of your phone before installing a new ROM. I think the apps you are looking for that you "did not get back" are Blur apps. Motorblur is the stock User Interface that comes with the phone. Apex allows you to get some of these back from the apex toolbox. i would suggest that if you like the Blur apps to not load custom ROM's because one of the goals of most customs Rom's is to remove as much blur as possible. I personally enjoy apex because i can still access the parts of blur I like. i.e the alarm clock. I have never SBF'd but can at least tell you to make a backup of your current Phone settings before you try anything else.

OP
S

sk8inglife

Reaction score
yeah I no I was just super curious..but can you give me step by step directions to getting back to factory settings because I don't want any roms but I want to keep my phone rooted..I used the one click root(z4 mod)

trook

Reaction score
You need to sbf back to stock then reroot, in the droid 2 hacks section there's a sticky for the hacking/rom install class, that's where you'll find the sbf file, drivers, and program called rsd lite, as well as instructions on how to use it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App