Need help rooting...

cleave

Reaction score
I'm not really familiar with how to root my D1. Any advice on where to get instructions or the best way to root it? I've seen an app that was called one click root but not sure if it's legit or not. Thanks for the help.

★Sent using my thumbs★

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't recall the way but I am sure someone will post a link to the thread. It is possible and is not difficult.

vatothe0

Reaction score
If you are this incapable of reading the countless threads about rooting, you probably shouldn't.

Sent from my DROIDX

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Search root Droid 1 regardless of OS version. That is the method of choice but it will require a computer as well S any other method for the current update.

tappin and a talkin

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
If you are this incapable of reading the countless threads about rooting, you probably shouldn't.

Sent from my DROIDX

10,000 friendly, helpful people on this forum; I guess it only makes sense that there's one of these. ↑↑

Thanks to everyone else though. Obviously, I know there's a lot of threads about rooting. I was hoping someone might know which thread is the most useful/updated. Once again, thanks for your help.

★Sent using my thumbs★

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
If I root my D1, will the phone still sync back up with my google calendar with all my events on it. Also, will I lose any of my apps?

★Sent using my thumbs★

MarkY3130

Reaction score
It will still synch up with your calendar and your apps will reload but you will lose all the data for the apps. (i.e. games will start over like you just downloaded them for the first time)
Make sure you synch your calendar before rooting to make sure your calendar is up to date.
Also, once you root you can use apps like titanium backup to backup your apps data so you don't lose it again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
cleave

cleave

Reaction score
It will still synch up with your calendar and your apps will reload but you will lose all the data for the apps. (i.e. games will start over like you just downloaded them for the first time)
Make sure you synch your calendar before rooting to make sure your calendar is up to date.
Also, once you root you can use apps like titanium backup to backup your apps data so you don't lose it again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thanks for the info Mark :)

★Sent using my thumbs★