Need help, phone wont turn on/charge

CD95YJ

Reaction score
What phone are you using? If your on the droid 1 and are still on the frg22d android version do a search for that "frg22d" and you should get a thread that guids you through either flashing with rsd lite or applying "update.zip" from recovery. Im not sure if the d1 got a newer kernel version than frg22d so...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
IRON_CATASTROPHE
Reaction score
Well i did use RSD Lite to install SP Recovery (that went through successfully) i think my problem came when i tried to root my droid, i must have made a mistake with an update.zip that i tried to install, idk.. But my phone will only turn on when i only plug it into the wall (but only into recovery) if i try to load the phone like normal (it displays the battery as not charged and it will reboot itself after a few moments)

I do have a spare cable that i can butcher modify

i also found an unroot zip i can use to return the phone to stock but i need it to stay on long enough for me to install it first

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
IRON_CATASTROPHE
Reaction score

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I can suggest several, with various observations on each. However, for a first time ROMer, I'd suggest something that doesn't have a history of bugs, OTA nags, and various other issues.

What are you looking for in a ROM? Stable, fast, and feature-rich? Minimalist? Stock-like? Tweaked to all heck and gone? :)

CyanogenMod 6.1.2 would be for the former, MetickMOD for the next one, CM again for the stock-like, and if you want tweaked then look at Ultimate Droid but be warned every new release seems to add more bugs to the mix. But there are a whole slew of others. If BB had a better history I'd have no problems suggesting it, but the Dev is a good egg. BB v.5 required some tricks to install it that if not followed would cause major issues with the device. It also has some great community support (themes and the like).

UD is a perennial favorite here, with great community support and more themes than you can shake a stick at, but it always seems to have one major bug after another. I don't recommend it for that reason, but it may be just what you're looking for if you don't mind screwing with y our phone. CM is created by a group of people calling themselves Team Douche with good reasons -- but the ROM is fast, stable, filled with more features than you'd believe, there's a new nightly posted every day if you get bored and want to see new features, and most other ROMs take at least SOME code from CM. MetickMOD has an attentive Dev, it's very minimalist, and when there's a problem he's on top of it ASAP.

Simply Stunning is a great ROM too, actually, but it might be geared a bit more towards geeks than the average user, and MIUI is awesome in its potential but can be a beast to install.

eggebarwood

Reaction score
I can suggest several, with various observations on each. However, for a first time ROMer, I'd suggest something that doesn't have a history of bugs, OTA nags, and various other issues.

What are you looking for in a ROM? Stable, fast, and feature-rich? Minimalist? Stock-like? Tweaked to all heck and gone? :)

I want fast and stable....I really want to be able to use wifi tether for an ipad. This is also a tune up for me because I am getting the Droid X tomorrow and I figured I would learn with my Droid 1 befor F'ing up my X

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Tethering an iPad can be very tricky because the tethering app only does ad-hoc mode.

Try CM 6.1.2; you'll love the stability and I found it almost exactly as fast on the stock kernel as my 6.1 install was OC'd to 1.2 GHz.

eggebarwood

Reaction score
Tethering an iPad can be very tricky because the tethering app only does ad-hoc mode.

Try CM 6.1.2; you'll love the stability and I found it almost exactly as fast on the stock kernel as my 6.1 install was OC'd to 1.2 GHz.
Thank you for your help!!! where can I find that ROM

eggebarwood

Reaction score