Need help, phone wont turn on/charge

OP
IRON_CATASTROPHE
Reaction score
You mentioned some of the ROMS have a slew of themes, what about CyanogenMod 6.1.2 ? Does it have quite a selection of themes as well?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Not yet, but given some time it will. I believe the NexTheme is available for it. You'll want to check the theme subforum and the Koush subforum. Make sure the theme is for the ROM and version you want to flash or you're risking problems. :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Or if you can sweet talk any of the theme dev's to create you favorite one in MetaMorph style, then you can use it yourself on ANY rom without waiting for one of those guys to 'port' it for you! What MM wont install, you can use NinjaMorph to do. I sometimes think that is why no one is using the MM style anymore, so we have to be dependant on them, lol.

OP
IRON_CATASTROPHE
Reaction score
So (I got a new D1 since I messed my other one up, but I cleared that one so I wouldn't void my warranty. I used butcher extra usb cord method.) and I'm wanting to try this rooting/ROMing thing again cause I refuse to give up. My question is will Z4root actually root the 2.2.1 build? And if so (rooting will be out of the way) and will I need to just install SPRecovery and I'll be good to go?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
There's been mixed results with z4root so far as I've read. You can certainly try it, make sure you have usb debugging on first. Actually, please try it and let us know whether it works or not, please. If it doesn't furman's link 2 in his sig will definately do the job and install SPRecovery as well.

good luck and merry xmas!

OP
IRON_CATASTROPHE
Reaction score
Yeah ive seen the same thing, there has been mixed results with z4root. and ive just been spending my whole christmas analyzing ppls thoughts on ROM manager/z4root/ clockwork/sprecovery/etc. trying to make sure i have a good amount of knowledge on all of them before i try this.

Titanium Backup will resotre my apps

You already know everything ROM Manager does (im sure of) So with its flash clockwork recovery will i even need to install SP Recovery again? (even though its smart in the sense that i'll have two forms of back up-nandroid and clockwork-)

So z4root will always leave my phone rooted and i just use that again to unroot my phone (through all the ROMing fun to be had), correct?

AND Merry Christmas to you too :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have droid1 and am rooted using first cm rom, then ud(didnt play nice wit my phone,and lfy love it, now using miui rom. little tricky i admit. I used z4root took three tries but after the third attempt i was rooted, looked in my apps and saw su so i downloaded rom manager,titanium bk up and astro all paid versions and love it,will never uroot my droid. This will defntly be my last phone no matter what they put out there. Unless there is smthn physicaly wrong wit my phone like i.e. screen crack,phone falls apart ect. Cain't go wrong with rooted org.droid1. Way coooolll phone!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yeah ive seen the same thing, there has been mixed results with z4root. and ive just been spending my whole christmas analyzing ppls thoughts on ROM manager/z4root/ clockwork/sprecovery/etc. trying to make sure i have a good amount of knowledge on all of them before i try this.

Titanium Backup will resotre my apps

You already know everything ROM Manager does (im sure of) So with its flash clockwork recovery will i even need to install SP Recovery again? (even though its smart in the sense that i'll have two forms of back up-nandroid and clockwork-)

So z4root will always leave my phone rooted and i just use that again to unroot my phone (through all the ROMing fun to be had), correct?

AND Merry Christmas to you too :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:
As long as you get a firm grip on which app will do what. Some people think that Rom Manager will root their phone It does NOT. If z4root works to root your phone, I imagine it would work to unroot it but WHY?

Anyways, that's all I'll say for now and good luck.

OP
IRON_CATASTROPHE
Reaction score
OH NO i dont want to UNROOT my phone im just sayin that the app itself have the ability to do that. but Z4root wont work on my phone because it always automatically closes after its 2nd procedure....my sisters computer doesnt have any programs that save files as zip folders like they are supposed to be. (it just save them as something else) and im screwed cause i dont have anything that will make ZIP files be...well..ZIP files...suggestions?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. I've just spent the last two hours doing everything from translating simplified Chinese to English and back again trying to save someone's phone without the SBF we needed to do so and rooting someone else's phone.

What, exactly, do you need to do so I can point you in the right direction. :D

OP
IRON_CATASTROPHE
Reaction score
Alright here goes

So im on the 2.2.1 build for the Droid 1 and i REALLY want to root my phone. I was gonna do the method you provided and i went to download the two needed zip files from the tutorial but when i saved them and went to look at them they werent saved as zip folders in which you can extract the data from. so im guessing theres something missing from the computer like a program or something?....idk

so where should i go from here?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, was one of them for RSD Lite? If so you have to install that one anyway. The other you could just recompress and rename update.zip no problem.

PC or Mac?

OP
IRON_CATASTROPHE
Reaction score
Okay, was one of them for RSD Lite? If so you have to install that one anyway. The other you could just recompress and rename update.zip no problem.

PC or Mac?

how would i recompress it and which one am i recompressing?

i have rsd somehow some lucky way on here and i dont remember how i finally got that to work on here cause i went through a similar problem of installing rsd lite.

and i use a pc, not mines though (it has windows vista)