Need Help! Increasing overall RAM on OC'D Droid?

G

gatewayad

I am running SholesMod 145 (2.0.2) I am running the cpu at between 800 and 1000 (just lowered to 800 to see if it helped (no). Is there a particular app i have below or anything in all the 2.1 stuff that is hard on RAM. How can I increase the RAM on the phone. Twice in the last week it has told me my RAM is low. I have run ATK right before I took the picture so most every app was closed and jumped from 32 free to 42 free.
Anybody have any suggestions or an i just being an*l about it.
If interested this app is Android System Info on the market and has way more info than I should ba allowed to have... :icon_ banana:
4345528177_9eecb9f44a_o.jpg

4345552025_154206bdff_o.jpg

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the RAM is hardwired inside on the phone, and cannot be altered... unless you are a very skilled engineer that can handle a microscope

OP
G

gatewayad

the RAM is hardwired inside on the phone, and cannot be altered... unless you are a very skilled engineer that can handle a microscope

So I'm assuming then it's ok for it to run at (15-18%) and not to worry about it.
I was thinking i had something loaded that I could delete that may be hogging up a lot of the RAM.
Everything switches very fast on Sholes in and out of apps, I was just concerned by how low it was percentage wise

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

So I'm assuming then it's ok for it to run at (15-18%) and not to worry about it.
I was thinking i had something loaded that I could delete that may be hogging up a lot of the RAM.
Everything switches very fast on Sholes in and out of apps, I was just concerned by how low it was percentage wise

basically it doesn't matter if you have 1mb free or 100mb free... there is a saying: "Free RAM is wasted RAM"... it should run at the same speed either way... however it is disappointing that the Droid has only 256mb... but i have never ran out of RAM yet

OP
G

gatewayad

basically it doesn't matter if you have 1mb free or 100mb free... there is a saying: "Free RAM is wasted RAM"... it should run at the same speed either way... however it is disappointing that the Droid has only 256mb... but i have never ran out of RAM yet

Thanks ......

Jeremy556

Reaction score
When the system runs out of memory, it forces a background application to close and frees up memory. Works well most of the time, except when it kills my IM client or something else I want open when I am switching between the web browser and VNC, or some other memory intensive apps. I really wish this phone had 512mb.