1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need Help! Increasing overall RAM on OC'D Droid?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by gatewayad, Feb 10, 2010.

1. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

I am running SholesMod 145 (2.0.2) I am running the cpu at between 800 and 1000 (just lowered to 800 to see if it helped (no). Is there a particular app i have below or anything in all the 2.1 stuff that is hard on RAM. How can I increase the RAM on the phone. Twice in the last week it has told me my RAM is low. I have run ATK right before I took the picture so most every app was closed and jumped from 32 free to 42 free.
    Anybody have any suggestions or an i just being an*l about it.
    If interested this app is Android System Info on the market and has way more info than I should ba allowed to have... :icon_ banana:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

the RAM is hardwired inside on the phone, and cannot be altered... unless you are a very skilled engineer that can handle a microscope
  3. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

So I'm assuming then it's ok for it to run at (15-18%) and not to worry about it.
    I was thinking i had something loaded that I could delete that may be hogging up a lot of the RAM.
    Everything switches very fast on Sholes in and out of apps, I was just concerned by how low it was percentage wise
  4. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

basically it doesn't matter if you have 1mb free or 100mb free... there is a saying: "Free RAM is wasted RAM"... it should run at the same speed either way... however it is disappointing that the Droid has only 256mb... but i have never ran out of RAM yet
  5. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

Thanks ......
  6. moosc

moosc Member

Mine has run around 13% since day one. Even aftter sholesmod at 1ghz.
  7. Jeremy556

Jeremy556 New Member

When the system runs out of memory, it forces a background application to close and frees up memory. Works well most of the time, except when it kills my IM client or something else I want open when I am switching between the web browser and VNC, or some other memory intensive apps. I really wish this phone had 512mb.
Search tags for this page
can i increase the ram on my droid
droid charge, how to increase available ram

how to increase ram on droid x2

increase ram droid x2