Need a thorough list...

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Does anyone know where a complete, or near complete, list of all the apps there are on the Android market? I'd like to make icons for just about every app there is, or try to. I'm looking through a couple icon packs I have and there is quite a few duplicates that others have made like: WWW BROWSER, or WEB BROWSER and a few others duplicated like that.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Pretty much, yes! I'll probably start with the most popular ones first and then work my way down.

Once I can get the mass creation working, I'll be able to produce a lot more with variety of styles, character, color, etc much quicker and the list won't seem so long to me.

want a droid

Reaction score
Just go on the market and sort by Top Paid, Top Free, and Just In. You can go pretty far down those lists.

Reaction score
Why not make generic icons for all the popular types of apps? Make cool browser icons that people can apply to whatever browser they use (assuming they use a launcher that lets you use custom icons, like LP)

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Yeah I've never hit the bottom. Thousands of apps...

Sent from my ADR6300

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea iv scrolled for literally 10min and didn't hit the bottom and just think how many you look at in 5sec scrolling mhm thats a lot of apps better get started now and maybe you will be done b4 you die at 90 years old....but hey im all for it and would love to have all of them themed lol but you can go the there web siter and get them all I think

LocoRon

Reaction score
Aren't there supposed to be 200,000+ apps now?

The number has been posted somewhere...

And the number is increasing extremely rapidly. I think the article I read mentioned something along the lines of the first 100k taking a year (or two?) and the second 100k only a few months. Sorry I don't have a link for this article (as I am too lazy to search for it), and my numbers are very probably off.

Edit:

Haha, I was waaaaaay off:

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-market-unofficially-passes-50000-apps

Edit 2:

Maybe I wasn't so off? This article is from just two months later....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/15/android-market-now-has-100-000-apps-passes-1-billion-download-m/

Last edited: