Need a Little Help With Swype Install

Technoman

Reaction score
Has this happened to others? Suddenly Swype doesn't read my swipes. In fact, it misreads it even when I am way careful. Have they thrown a spanner in the works? I don't think I have changed any of the parameters. I restored everything to default just to be sure. Damn, I was enjoying using it too.

This has happened to me twice since I started using it. I was txting at the time so I closed Handcent, then just FC'd Swype in the apps manager. Went back into Handcent to send a txt and it worked fine.

You can also fix this by doing a LONG PRESS on the text box, selecting the Android default keyboard. GO out of the application and back in LONG PRESS and select SWYPE and it will work again. I think it is a memory issue that causes this.

Panzerpanduh

Reaction score
so i flashed fission theme and theres no swype (as someone above in this post said) but i dont see a fission addons folder =S how can i add swype to my phone?? any help would be nice =) thanks

edit: got it :)

GavLoc

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm interested in using swype but I searched the forum and can't find the link to download it. I must be blind because everyone else seems to find it just fine. Even when I do find it I'm not sure what ill need to do with the download. Any help would be much appreaciated. Thanks. :) I also signed up for the beta a few days agao and they still have not opened it back up. i was hoping i could get it so i dont have to wait around for it to re open. im impatient lol:tongue:

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
I just saw a post in another thread on here that said the Swype beta is open to everyone. So go to their website on your phone browser. I've had it for a couple weeks now and I like it so far.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
Corinacakes....thnx for the info about swyping up for capital letters. Works like a charm. At first I didn't realize I had to swype all the way up into the actual txt box where the message is being typed out but once I figured that out works great.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App