need a good messenger..handsent doesnt work for me

balticzar

Reaction score
Yeah what is your issue with Handcent? I'm curious as well.

Me: Droid X rooted with official 2.2 OTA Froyo. But...for some reason Handcent will not send my MMS messages. I keep getting "national access coverage not available."

But...when I use the stock messenger app, no problems. Pics etc. get sent smooth as butter. I have no clue what the issue could be. But it's pissing me off because I prefer Handcent.

BTW, had the same issue when I was running 2.1.

Anyway, not trying to turn this into a search for my problems. Chomp is pretty cool and nicely customizable. Give that a whirl.

sparty569

Reaction score
I have tried handcent, and it has a problem where I will send a message, and it sends, but stays queued up with the little circle spinning. If i reboot my phone, it then releases every "queued up" text,sometimes up to 50 or 75.

I tried Chomp...it was good, but I did decide to go back to handcent.

I went back to the stock messenger app with SMS pop up.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is strange, Sparty. Some email apps have a setting that queues messages then sends as a batch. I was not able to find any setting in Handcent. There is a batch mode but I'm unclear on what it does.
Mike

OP
B

bansheegoof

Reaction score
I want instant pop up on my screen and I would like more customizing options.

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
I would try SMS Popup. I had originally tried handcent but I didn't really need it I realized. I downloaded SMS Popup and it is the perfect addition. Very customizable, you get a nice popup that you can just hit reply or close or many other options.

Also you can customize it per contact. Like changing the notification sound and led color for certain people. It's definitely worth trying out.

Sent from my Droid

sparty569

Reaction score
That is strange, Sparty. Some email apps have a setting that queues messages then sends as a batch. I was not able to find any setting in Handcent. There is a batch mode but I'm unclear on what it does.
Mike

I thought so as well, but it has happened many times. There was 1 week where I was flipping roms alot, and when I would restore Handcent, my queued up texts would all be sent.

I deleted all of my threads,and it was ok for a short time, but started acting up again. Went to Chomp, but didnt like it as much. Re-installed Handcent, it was good for a week or so, then started doing it again. I would send a text, get a response and it looked like it was queuing up texts again.

I uninstalled it and installed SMS popup. I dont mind the stock app, now that I can turn the background black and only needed the pop up notification.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've continued to look but can not find any setting or rational reason for the queuing.

sparty569

Reaction score
I've continued to look but can not find any setting or rational reason for the queuing.

I have looked all over as well. Like I said, it would work for a week or so, then it seems as if it was waiting for some sort of acknowledgment from the network, but didnt get one? I even turned off the delivery reports to see if that would help.

I dont know. I do know the texts were sent the first time, because I would get responses.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have tried handcent, and it has a problem where I will send a message, and it sends, but stays queued up with the little circle spinning. If i reboot my phone, it then releases every "queued up" text,sometimes up to 50 or 75.

My phone did this all the time on earlier 2.2 builds with the stock and third party apps, it was so bad that I went into the stock mms.apk and removed the icon that would show when a message was trying to be sent, after a newer build and ROM, I don't have these problems anymore :)

sparty569

Reaction score

My phone did this all the time on earlier 2.2 builds with the stock and third party apps, it was so bad that I went into the stock mms.apk and removed the icon that would show when a message was trying to be sent, after a newer build and ROM, I don't have these problems anymore :)

Maybe I'll give it a try as soon as JRummy gets his newest rom out.