Navigation question... is there a way to

YardApe

Reaction score
dim the screen for night driving? The Nav screen with the white background causes a glare at night... any solutions that I may have missed? Is there a night mode?

Thanks...

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I was hoping for the same setting but I have been unable to find one. Rumor has it 2.1 will provide that option but who knows when that will get here.

Parafly9

Reaction score
Yeah, out of the box there is no night mode :( although some have suggested turning ON Satelllite View as that is darker than the stock Map View, and that can help at night.

OP
Y

YardApe

Reaction score
Thanks all... I guess I'll have to wait... it's all good...

whohoo... :icon_ banana:

Cowpoke

Reaction score

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No longer have to install the apk. You can now get it from the Market.

crspang

Reaction score
The night mode only works while in Nav mode only. There is no toggle to switch to night mode, its auto based on the time of day. Don't get me wrong its nice to have, but don't get your hopes up for a truly "night mode" experience.

amjacobs1

Reaction score
I know I can get "Google Maps" from the market. However, mine says "Installed". I have the pinch and zoom (latest version), but I don't see the night mode (although I use the Power Manager widget to do what you are saying).

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I can get "Google Maps" from the market. However, mine says "Installed". I have the pinch and zoom (latest version), but I don't see the night mode (although I use the Power Manager widget to do what you are saying).

That's because the Night Mode is automatically activated based upon time of day (or some other factor). I tried it last night and it worked great. But again, no-one knows what factors (other than time of day) may be involved in switching the display mode. I'm sure (given enough time) someone will find out just what within the code is responsible and exploit it (i.e. enable it to be toggled on/off).

JustDriftin

Reaction score
I think in addition to the time of day you have to be navigating to somewhere for the night mode to kick in.

snowman

Reaction score
tu3218, thanks I didn't realize there was an update it didn't show in updates on it's own, you did have to search it out.