my screen doesnt want to turn off in the middle of the nite!

peterjariel

Reaction score
K this has been happening for a little while now but usually when my screen turns on I would just hit the stand by button and it will turn off. Now EVERY nite my screen turns on and I hit the button and it turns off for like 2 seconds and back on its getting annoying. I do charge my phone over nite. I know some people say its bad but that's the only time I have to charge it all the way. The only way that my screen stays off is if I take it off the charger but this never happend before so I wonder why it does it now any one knows?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
From your home screen click.... menu/settings/applications/developement... make sure "stay awake" is NOT checked.... done dilly

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
From your home screen click.... menu/settings/applications/developement... make sure "stay awake" is NOT checked.... done dilly

Just checked and its not checked its weird cuse it does it in the middle of the nite cause if I put it on the charger now it won't do it.

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
It is bad to charge your phone overnight?

That's what I thought my wife always told me she doesn't charge her phone at nite and her battery lasts like 2 days, mine bout 10 hours. Sometimes less so idk but I do use my phone a lil more than her.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Cell phones now-a-days have a built in charging switch tthat takes care of that for you.. it charges till the battery gets full and then backs off and runs a low volt charge every once in a while to keep the battery at 100%.... if it was a problem you would know it by how hot the phone was in the morning from the charger beating on the battery... and also... why would they make the multi-media dock if they didn't want you plugging in the phone all night on the nightstand as an alarm clock??

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
Cell phones now-a-days have a built in charging switch tthat takes care of that for you.. it charges till the battery gets full and then backs off and runs a low volt charge every once in a while to keep the battery at 100%.... if it was a problem you would know it by how hot the phone was in the morning from the charger beating on the battery... and also... why would they make the multi-media dock if they didn't want you plugging in the phone all night on the nightstand as an alarm clock??

I guess that makes sense I didn't know if it was true or not but my battery life sucks so.... maybe its something else.