my screen doesnt want to turn off in the middle of the nite!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by peterjariel, Mar 19, 2010.

1. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    K this has been happening for a little while now but usually when my screen turns on I would just hit the stand by button and it will turn off. Now EVERY nite my screen turns on and I hit the button and it turns off for like 2 seconds and back on its getting annoying. I do charge my phone over nite. I know some people say its bad but that's the only time I have to charge it all the way. The only way that my screen stays off is if I take it off the charger but this never happend before so I wonder why it does it now any one knows?

2. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    From your home screen click.... menu/settings/applications/developement... make sure "stay awake" is NOT checked.... done dilly

3. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It is bad to charge your phone overnight?

4. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just checked and its not checked its weird cuse it does it in the middle of the nite cause if I put it on the charger now it won't do it.

5. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I thought my wife always told me she doesn't charge her phone at nite and her battery lasts like 2 days, mine bout 10 hours. Sometimes less so idk but I do use my phone a lil more than her.

6. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Cell phones now-a-days have a built in charging switch tthat takes care of that for you.. it charges till the battery gets full and then backs off and runs a low volt charge every once in a while to keep the battery at 100%.... if it was a problem you would know it by how hot the phone was in the morning from the charger beating on the battery... and also... why would they make the multi-media dock if they didn't want you plugging in the phone all night on the nightstand as an alarm clock??

7. peterjariel

peterjariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess that makes sense I didn't know if it was true or not but my battery life sucks so.... maybe its something else.

Search tags for this page

my screen doesnt turn off on s4