my Samsung galaxy s4 does not go into deep sleep

itsstyle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently got a Samsung galaxy s4 which is using alot of battery I have tried power saving apps but that does not resolve the issue, therefore I used cpu spy to see how much cpu is being used after few days of checking the info I got is the mobile does not entre deep sleep the cpu is constantly being used at 384mhz and 1 to 4 % of othere cpu range, please help. Thank You in advance

OP
I

itsstyle

Reaction score
Yes I do have the snapdragon GT-9505 S4 and battery power saving apps don't help even when the screen is of the phone does not go in deep sleep, further I dnt have any sync switched on, just today I downloaded alogcat but do not understand how to use it... Thanks for the reply.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you have Battery Guru installed it takes some tuning to get it optimized. Multiple power management apps can work against you and may be a part of the problem. It would be like having multiple anti virus programs on a PC.

Even more importantly I found after the 4th day of using my S4 that if you don't take a close look at the default settings for all the widgets they will eat battery, even without making any changes.

There are other opptions or possible problems, corrupt SD card, bad cache and more. But you need to start somewhere.

OP
I

itsstyle

Reaction score
Power saving apps were of no help I tried them 1 by 1 but no effect infact most apps drained battery even quicker, how do I change the default settings for widgets also I dnt use any widgets at all...

Also tell me how can I check bad cache ???

OP
I

itsstyle

Reaction score
Ok ill try the app will give it a day..... Still thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried using a battery/app monitor such as Gsam? That'll break down which apps are being used the most and should help you find the culprit.

And as leeshor mentioned, check all your settings of any apps that refresh anything.

Might be a long shot, but have you tried a battery pull?

OP
I

itsstyle

Reaction score
Hey

I have tried battery monitoring apps but haven't found an app which would specify which app is running constantly. I believe it is a app problem that could be a reason why my mobile cpu never go in deep sleep does anyone know of a app that you give information of the individual apps running ??
Thank you all for your reply

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you've tried Gsam have you tried looking for wake locks? It could be something there that helps you find it.
I'll use the example of my Note2 was using more battery, did the wake lock thing, went to "Google Me" in it and found my battery saver app was using Google services to find my location to toggle my Wi-Fi on and off and Google services was the culprit.
Open the app, tap the vacuum cleaner icon on the bottom left, when it opens tap the center top to open more things to check, choose system wake locks, tap the one(s) that are highest usage and it takes you Google Me". Tap that and it hopefully will help you find it.
I went that route because a cpu check in Watch Dog showed no apps using cpu when they weren't being used.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

bbtkd

Reaction score
Hey

I have tried battery monitoring apps but haven't found an app which would specify which app is running constantly. I believe it is a app problem that could be a reason why my mobile cpu never go in deep sleep does anyone know of a app that you give information of the individual apps running ??
Thank you all for your reply

Try Gsam Battery Monitor Pro. It shows an opening screen that breaks down power use by phone, screen. radio, wifi, held awake, bluetooth, or apps. Pro breaks it down further; when you go into apps, it shows the culprit, except if it is the OS kernel itself it can't tell you usage by kernel module.