my phone is pretty much "Dead"

chainbrain

Reaction score
well i just bought this phone yesterday and went ahead and tried to factory reset it. while in the process of doing that i thought the phone froze so i did possibly the dumbest thing you could do.. take the battery out. it will no longer cut on. it does nothing. what must i do to bring it back to working order?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
try connecting to wall charger

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

chainbrain

Reaction score
It literally does nothing. i called verizon and they said my phone was bricked. They said i had to re install the droid programming onto it. I'm not sure how

OP
C

chainbrain

Reaction score
well ive tried plugging it into the wall nothing happened. i then plugged it into the computer and the green charging complete light came on, but besides that nothing happened.

OP
C

chainbrain

Reaction score
well ive tried plugging it into the wall nothing happened. i then plugged it into the computer and the green charging complete light came on, but besides that nothing happened. im reading up and apparently its hard bricked. **** **** **** :/ so im guessing im screwed huh?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
well ive tried plugging it into the wall nothing happened. i then plugged it into the computer and the green charging complete light came on, but besides that nothing happened. im reading up and apparently its hard bricked. **** **** **** :/ so im guessing im screwed huh?
not likely no, you need a TBH factory cable adapter
if firmware is corrupted/incomplete, that phone will not charge, the TBH adapter will allow the phone to boot to rsd support mode, so you can flash a sbf (firmware) with rsd lite

OP
C

chainbrain

Reaction score
mib youve been alot of help man i really appreciate it bud