my phone is loading things slower than my brain in math class!?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I've been messing with overclocks all day, and it has been incredibly fast, but starting about an hour ago it hit 40c and started going ridiculously slow every time it did anything with 3g, signal has not changed, it has since then cooled down, been rebooted, cache cleaned, and underclocked back to stock, but loading web pages takes a bit, facebook refreshing/posting is delayed, as well as viewing these forums and signing into AIM. is it possible to check if I permanently damaged this somehow / does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this? I don't think 40c is enough to damage anything but it's been hitting it on and off all day as well as rebooting from trial and error.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The dx has built in safeties that will put it into cool down mode if it gets too hot, you probably didn't cause any real damage, have you tried cycling airplane mode to reset the 3G

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
The dx has built in safeties that will put it into cool down mode if it gets too hot, you probably didn't cause any real damage, have you tried cycling airplane mode to reset the 3G

wouldn't it all go away once you shut it off though? I tried messing with airplane mode but nothing changed, forgot to mention it seemed to be booting slower too. just finished cleaning the dalvik cache and it seems a little better so we'll see what happens, sorry if this turns out to be a false alarm.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that may help, also let it fully cool, make sure all your oc settings are back at stock, see if it comes around

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
that may help, also let it fully cool, make sure all your oc settings are back at stock, see if it comes around

thanks for all your suggestions, it seems like it's going fast, then slow, then fast. I'll give it some time and post back in a bit.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what oc app are you using? any ROM?

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
what oc app are you using? any ROM?

phone just crashed at stock clock speeds, something is bad news bears. I am on LexLite2.6 and was using jrummys overclock app with quickclock advanced(not at the same time). might have to try formatting.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
and now it's going fast? lolol what the heck.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I would wipe data/cache and start over from the ROM base

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Yeah, I would wipe data/cache and start over from the ROM base

I'll probably end up doing that soon, and regret it because liberty 1.5 will probably come out moments later, but meh lol, thankies.