My Nexus vs Razr vs Rezound review.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I will agree very nice review and since I too have owned all three I will agree with most of your points.

I actually like sense and think it performs much better overall than the gingerblur but not near the smoothhness of ICS. I was also surprised by the signal reception of the rezound at the same time being slightly disappointed with the signal reception on the nexus. Or more the ability to hold a signal more consistently

As for look and feel after having all three I think the nexus has the best look and to me surprisingly well built considering my past experiences with the normally "cheap" feeling Samsung devices.

I will agree with you on battery life most of these people touting over 24 hours or more on battery just aren't using there phones that much.. its crazy how fast all the phones drain when you use them heavily but if I wanted amazing battery life I would still have a phone with a smaller screen/slower processor..

The one thing I will disagree with is... GO STEELERS!!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

parker34

Reaction score
As for look and feel after having all three I think the nexus has the best look and to me surprisingly well built considering my past experiences with the normally "cheap" feeling Samsung devic

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

This is also the one thing I disagree with. I know its personal preference but if I were to have these three phones sitting beside each other and asked everybody who walked past which one looked the best I would expect very very few to pick the razr.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

moot

Reaction score
Excellent review, really enjoyed reading. You've affirmed my decision in buying and sticking with my g-nex!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ha.. ha..
My daughter likes nexus for the rounded corners... I thought razr was sexier....
To each his own

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

parker34

Reaction score
Ha.. ha..
My daughter likes nexus for the rounded corners... I thought razr was sexier....
To each his own

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Well I guess part of my love for the looks of the nexus is the completely unblemished front. Also I'm just one that prefers rounded sleek designs rather than square industrial designs....just my opinion :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was about to post a comparison myself tonight of the Razr, Bionic, and Nexus...but you pretty much said it all. I will say that the camera quality of the GN can be improved through software. Or at least affected. Here are some samples...I haven't taken any outdoor shots yet as I am working my night shift rotation....will try outdoor tomorrow or the following day...along with some shots of my kids (1 and 2) who are impossible to get to sit still.

I used 3 apps....stock....CameraZoom FX Pro, and HDR Camera+

Indoor with VERY poor lighting....I say again....VERY poor

Stock
View attachment 45584

HDR
View attachment 45585

CameraZoom
View attachment 45586

3 apps all focused fairly well with different color results....Stock seemed to do best.

Overall I am left with a very undecided opinion for the most part. They are all great devices and with unique qualities an flaws.

Visually the GN and the Razr are tough to decide between....the Razr is super thin and always got that :icon_eek: response from people when I handed it to them. The GN with the curve and lack of buttons also gets a response but it is more of a :huh: type thing...

For me....because I am a flashaholic the GN has managed to win me over in less than 3 days of having both devices on me at all times. I just found myself using the GN a lot more.

I did find something very impressive though. Look at this screenshot....see that 2 bars of 3g? That blew me away. This was taken in the 3rd level down in a parking garage under a 10 story building that is full of technology. My Razr goes between no service and 1x and the 2nd level with no hope of service down here....the Bionic is the same....but the GN maintains 2 or even 3 bars at times of 3g.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here was my second comparison

Indoor with good lighting

Stock
View attachment 45589

HDR
View attachment 45591

CameraZoom
View attachment 45590

In this comparison CameraZoom really locked in the focus....HDR had the best color...and stock was just an ok shot.

Point being that the GN camera is NOT bad. But it does take a steady hand and is not quite as user friendly as the Razr's.

Keep in mind all of these were taken on 4.0.2....I am now on 4.0.3 so I will have to take some more to see if they differ

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I was about to post a comparison myself tonight of the Razr, Bionic, and Nexus...but you pretty much said it all. I will say that the camera quality of the GN can be improved through software. Or at least affected. Here are some samples...I haven't taken any outdoor shots yet as I am working my night shift rotation....will try outdoor tomorrow or the following day...along with some shots of my kids (1 and 2) who are impossible to get to sit still.

I used 3 apps....stock....CameraZoom FX Pro, and HDR Camera+

Indoor with VERY poor lighting....I say again....VERY poor

Stock
View attachment 45584

HDR
View attachment 45585

CameraZoom
View attachment 45586

3 apps all focused fairly well with different color results....Stock seemed to do best.

Overall I am left with a very undecided opinion for the most part. They are all great devices and with unique qualities an flaws.

Visually the GN and the Razr are tough to decide between....the Razr is super thin and always got that :icon_eek: response from people when I handed it to them. The GN with the curve and lack of buttons also gets a response but it is more of a :huh: type thing...

For me....because I am a flashaholic the GN has managed to win me over in less than 3 days of having both devices on me at all times. I just found myself using the GN a lot more.

I did find something very impressive though. Look at this screenshot....see that 2 bars of 3g? That blew me away. This was taken in the 3rd level down in a parking garage under a 10 story building that is full of technology. My Razr goes between no service and 1x and the 2nd level with no hope of service down here....the Bionic is the same....but the GN maintains 2 or even 3 bars at times of 3g.

I can see why you are using the GN more. The blur and the sense have a kind of been there done that feel as opposed to the GN with ICS. It's like sliding in to a brand new BMW! :biggrin: Ahhhh!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm running a heavy alternate launcher on top of Sense, and I'd agree there can be some bad lag. We'll see what happens when I delete Sense, but it could also be as much GB as anything.

Only had the Rezound a few hours, but other than that I'll say the screen is amazing.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know I wanted to say something about all this screen stuff. I just turned my brightness up to 100% on my GN and maybe because I am in a relatively dim lit room or something but it was ridiculously bright. In fact I just took the Razr and put them side by side on 100% and the GN is noticeably brighter, crisper, and vibrant.

Last edited:

wil318466

Reaction score
As a comment I wanted to say I *easily* get 24 hours of use out of my GNEX. When I use it really heavily it may not make it the full day, but normal every day use is not an issue at all. With my Fascinate I'd constantly be worried it would die. I can leave the house with 25% juice and still feel ok to go multiple hours.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if you base it off of benchmark tests (which we know aren't worth squat) they are compatible.

Razr

c6918f02-9513-04b2.jpg

c6918f02-98e0-41de.jpg

c6918f02-96e4-9e60.jpg

Nexus

c6918f02-9587-60a7.jpg

c6918f02-991e-dd38.jpg

c6918f02-96a0-9896.jpg

It's odd that they test fairly similar...the GN blows through the Quadrant test much much faster than the Razr but has a lot of trouble with the planet rotating screen where the Razr is smooth through that.

One thing about the GN though....it boots light years faster than the Razr. Maybe someone with a Rezound can post their scores. I am mostly interested in the CF Bench break down

As for who had the better radio....you tell me

Razr
snap20111021_122154.jpg

Nexus
c6918f02-9bfd-f153.jpg

these were taken in the same exact spot and both on clear nights

Sent from the cutting edge via tapatalk

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
As a comment I wanted to say I *easily* get 24 hours of use out of my GNEX. When I use it really heavily it may not make it the full day, but normal every day use is not an issue at all. With my Fascinate I'd constantly be worried it would die. I can leave the house with 25% juice and still feel ok to go multiple hours.

We can all go 24 hours if we keep our phones idle. When your screen takes 60%+ of battery juice let us know how long it lasts.

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Dude the Razr is connected to wifi in that snapshot!