Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I put all my music onto my Galaxy Nexus. I can see it when I am hooked to the computer but when I look into my music on the phone a lot of it is missing. Dpes anyone else have this problem? Or a solution how to fix it?

Reaction score
I do not manage my library locally. I prefer the cloud solution. I did however feel the need to make sure you covered the basics.

1) Verify with a file explorer that said music is on the device.

2) Make sure that said music is not corrupted and actually plays on the PC (and if the file is located with a file explorer, see if you are able to play it by selecting it with the explorer and playing it)

3) is there a common attribute the same for each of the missing files?

a) is there a file type that the phone is not comfortable with?\
b) what about the sample rate? maybe this wont make a big enough difference but something small like this might affect playback enough

4) can they be loaded and played successfully on another android phone?

5) can they be loaded and played with another music player?

These are all the things I would be checking. I hope I have at least given you more to think about! Good Luck.

NathanDetroit

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Downloaded the large majority of my music onto my Nexus the other day, but the only files showing up under the music app are files that were downloaded from various sources. Any files that I ripped directly from CD are not showing up in the stock music app.

I'm at work now so I can't hook up to my home pc, but I'll be playing with it some more tonight.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I'm having the same issue. Downloaded the large majority of my music onto my Nexus the other day, but the only files showing up under the music app are files that were downloaded from various sources. Any files that I ripped directly from CD are not showing up in the stock music app.

I'm at work now so I can't hook up to my home pc, but I'll be playing with it some more tonight.

I just put all my music on the Cloud. Now I have all my music.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

NathanDetroit

Reaction score
Figured it out, all the files I ripped myself were in WMA format. Apparently teh Googlez doesn't like WMA.