My Incredible gets very warm

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Brand new (day an a half old) Incredible. Love it, but it gets very warm after 15 to 30 minutes. It basically becomes a heating pad when I keep it in my shirt pocket. Is this normal with processor as speedy as the one this phone sports??

Thanks much.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, if it was winter, I'd say keep it, but since it is Spring and finally warm out, you probably will want to contact VZW about the situation. It doesn't sound like it's working properly.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
^^^

Thanks for the reply. Having not had a Motorola Droid, however, I don't know what that means. Does that Droid get at all warm, or does it stay cool?

R1Lover

Reaction score
No it should not get warm at all.... if your streaming video for a few minutes it will heat up... but in your pocket it should be more then fine... (not hot)

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the response, R1. I'll give it a day or two and see how it goes. If it continues to heat up I'll take it back to Verizon for an exchange...

warning9

Reaction score
If it is getting and staying warm it should kill your battery. How has your battery life been?

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
^^^

It sucks, but given the extensive threads on this and other Incredible forums about the crappy battery life on this phone, that seems to be par for the course... :mad:

warning9

Reaction score
Have you downloaded a task killer yet just to see what you have running the background?

kmo

Reaction score
Haven't noticed any warmth out of mine. What's up with all the battery life issues? When you have a phone that is using internet, gps, apps, email, etc. of course it's going to suck up the battery. I don't think my INC is any worse off than my MDroid was on heavy days of use. :)

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Warning1 and R1Lover,

Running services:

ObexService
Touch Input
Calendar
GTalkService
Google
SyncService
HTC Message Uploader
UploadMessageService
Iheartradio
IHRService
Battery Widget

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
kmo,

Have you kept yours in your pocket for an extended period?

Broo2

Reaction score
I noticed this a couple of times as well. It appears that when the Incredible gets into a 1x EVDO signal area, the temp of the phone increases- and the battery life goes down quicly.

I am in Atlanta and I usually get a pretty strong 3G signal- and the phone does not get warm. However, if I go into a big store such Target or Fry's, the phone starts switching between 3G and 1x and it gets very warm- so much that I usually just turn the phone off until I leave the store.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
GREAT post, Broo2!! Come to think of it, I noticed my phone heating up during and for a short time after I'd been in a large, enclosed shopping mall. Didn't think to check at the time, but I'm willing to bet that the switching WAS taking place at that time. Thanks for the 'eureka moment'!!!