warm battery after any type of usage

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Does anyone else's Bionic get warm after any type of usage? I can understand the phone getting hot after playing a movie or a very graphic intensive game, but my phone gets warm when I do pretty much anything on it, ranging from browsing the web for more than a minute to checking email.

As a result, my battery will rarely make it past 5-6 hrs (4G on with strong signal), since the phone will always be warm. Could this be a rogue app? Or is ~6 hrs on 4G to be expected?

Last edited:

cybric

Reaction score
I had one like that. Vz sent me another phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

shadowsjc

Reaction score
When you got a new phone, did you also get a new battery? Or was it just the phone unit that was replaced?

cybric

Reaction score
Just the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are the temperatures you're getting?

In case you don't have one, here are several apps (like System and Elixir) that will tell temperature. I use Battery Circle myself. It's free, is on the Notifications bar, gives battery percentage in single digits and when you pull down the Notification bar you see temperature, voltage and how long since disconnected from charger.

Last edited:

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I dl'ed a 2 gig file yesterday on 4g and it was on fire. I forgot circle battery widget had a temp or i would have checked it. I turned it off, took the cover and battery cover off, and battery out to let it cool down.