Droid X gets warm randomly

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by stealthychief, Feb 15, 2011.

1. stealthychief

stealthychief Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

My phone will get warm randomly and I can't figure out why. When I say warm I mean above 90 degrees F...is this normal? It never usually goes above 100 but it's just odd how one moment it's 80 F while not in use and next thing I know it's warm and I haven't used it much it all. I am on Liberty 1.5 and use jrummy's overclock app, not overclocked at all and with low voltages. I'm getting great battery life I'm just concerned about the heat.
  2. freezyfreaky

freezyfreaky New Member

Charging the battery will heat it up to over 90 degrees. Maybe this is what you are seeing?

My phone is routinely fluctuate between 85-95 degrees when I'm using it. If I'm using the PSX emulator for a long time, I've seen the temp hit 104-105 but I stop playing to let is cool down because I don't want to stress out the electronics.
  3. dirtyfingers

dirtyfingers New Member

The temp will fluctuate depending on what you are doing and how hard the processor is working. I don't think you have to worry unless it gets over about 110 degrees. Above 90 degrees is very normal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm New Member

Normal op is about 85 to 95 degrees. When you're really cranking its usage I've hit 106-107 which I then usually stop everything, reboot and either let it rest or plug it in. Sometimes I shut it off for a night for a "break". The hottest times are high internet use or filework(lotsa filework).
    Download battery life, its free on the market and it gives you your mv and temp on display.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  5. rharv3

rharv3 New Member

Me too!

I get the same problem from time to time! Today, I haven't even touched my phone and my battery is at half-power and the phone is warm to the touch. This has only happened once before so it's not like I have major problems. I have turned off wi-fi and all and it's still running hot. I don't believe it's my one weather widget as I don't have this problem daily. HELP!!!
  6. TECHNIC0L0R

TECHNIC0L0R New Member

Try turning off GPS I've noticed my phone warms up when I'm using it, maybe its using it in the background.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I have a D2, basically same as the X. You'd be surprised how hot that phone could get before serious issuses can occur. Myself, I don't let it go higher the 50 degrees C.

If you root your phone you can install Droid Overclock for regulating speed and temp.

Oh, GPS won't heat your phone up just having it on. It will if you're using it. But 90 degrees iis absolutely nothing to worry about. This is normal for all phones, smart and dumb. OP you worry about nothing. Enjoy your phone and relax.
  8. Drummynator

Drummynator New Member

Download WatchDog and set a CPU threshold to see whats eating all of your processor.