My gallery stopped working and my photos are gone

Princesshera1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z797C
Hey all, I was editing a photo last night, and I got a message stating that the android gallery has stopped working, and I lost all my photos. I did a complete shut down of my phone, and started it back up...can I get my photos back? FYI - I have a ZTE Z797C if that helps.

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Gallery app is difficult for some people to figure out. It doesn't actually have the photos in the app but instead creates cached images of photos and pics it finds elsewhere on the system. In theory the photos should still be there and it's the app that's confused. Go to settings - apps manager - scroll to all then find Gallery. Tell it to clear cache and maybe even settings then restart the phone. It may take a few minutes for Gallery to rebuild th4e cache. A better app is QuickPic and it should find the actual photos. It does not depend on cached images.

And welcome to the forum

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1, you should have all your pics on your phone..

OP
P

Princesshera1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z797C
The Gallery app is difficult for some people to figure out. It doesn't actually have the photos in the app but instead creates cached images of photos and pics it finds elsewhere on the system. In theory the photos should still be there and it's the app that's confused. Go to settings - apps manager - scroll to all then find Gallery. Tell it to clear cache and maybe even settings then restart the phone. It may take a few minutes for Gallery to rebuild th4e cache. A better app is QuickPic and it should find the actual photos. It does not depend on cached images.

And welcome to the forum
Thank you very much!! I'll see what happens and let you know!!