Photo gallery and photos acting weird/wont open all the time.

Nny7229

Reaction score
I am currently using the LG Motion 4G with Android 4.0.4 on Metro PCS.

I chose to save my photos to a sd card and after the photo is taken and is in the gallery everything seems to work ok. When I go into the gallery and try to open photos, not all of them load thumbnails and most will not load when selected. I am just stuck at a black loading screen.

There are other issue with the photos, but I believe my phone is unable to find the photo's correctly all the time or something. I currently have the sd card out and in the adapter. All of my photos are in Computer/SD (F: )/DCIM/100LGDSC. I can see all the photos I took.

This is becoming a major problem. I have tried some fixes I have seen. Unmounting and etc... Am I missing something? Anything could help. Thank you.

OP
N

Nny7229

Reaction score
Now I am starting to think that the way my photos are saved or my sd-card is screwed up. I can't get them to open on my computer.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now I am starting to think that the way my photos are saved or my sd-card is screwed up. I can't get them to open on my computer.

I was going to suggest you try an app called QuickPic until you said that. Try to get your computer to scan the card for defects, (chkdsk/scandisk). You may also consider syncing them with your computer or something like DropBox, for future reference.

OP
N

Nny7229

Reaction score
I was going to suggest you try an app called QuickPic until you said that. Try to get your computer to scan the card for defects, (chkdsk/scandisk). You may also consider syncing them with your computer or something like DropBox, for future reference.

I do use drop box and that helps. Right now my computer keeps going to not-responding every time I try to right click the sd card... Plus the space remaining bar is not showing anymore.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
In that case I'd say the card is toast. Sorry. It's probably seriously corrupted but if you can see it in disk management you could try a format. I'd toss it rather than take any more chances.