HTC Inspire Keeps "Eating" my Photos...

JoshMiller

Reaction score
So this has happened enough now that it's becoming a problem. I take several photos on my Inspire then a few days later they are gone. They don't appear in the gallery anymore.

To take it a step farther, I had taken some photos then cropped and edited them some on the phone. I uploaded them to a blog post but the original photos on the phone show up with what I'm assuming is corrupted image files. They are in the gallery but just no thumbnail and they don't open.

Thoughts?

OP
JoshMiller

JoshMiller

Reaction score
Just a quick update, I was putting music on my phone and found the photos are there, they just don't appear in the gallery.

So it's not as bad but still annoying since Wordpress' App uses the gallery to post photos.

Sent from my Desire HD using DroidForums App

plugngun

Reaction score
Pictures being eaten

I too have had the same problem with my pictures being "eaten". I just was in a store this past Sunday and they pulled my battery and this was called a soft reset on my HTC Inspire. Then every one of my pics/vids that I have taken in the 2 months I have had the phone all appeared. However, this fix did not last as already today some of the pics have been "eaten" again and have the black out/icon showing again. I will be looking for $ back for each month this happens and or a new phone. This is not looking to be pretty. If anyone else has any ideas/issues/fixes, please post. Thanks! HTC Inspire 4G.

OP
JoshMiller

JoshMiller

Reaction score
It seems to be an issue with the Gallery. If you navigate the S card all of the photos are still there.

Also of note, after about a month of use the SD card included with my phone died on me. Wouldn't read in the hone or in a PC with a card reader. The store replaced it with no cost or question thankfully though it was disturbing. I had initially thought that this issue and the card dying were related but the issue has been coming up again. Also it's possible that the card dying was relate to use of the ChanDroid 4Chan thread watcher writing too much at once. When in use the phone seemed to get slightly warmer. I have not used that app since.

Gingii

Reaction score
same problem

My husband and I both have inspires and have the same problem. No solution. Only temp fix by restarting phone to clear memory and they show up but then disappear a day later. I restart my phone a few times a day...hate it.