My favorite launcher on my LG G2.

emilioaponte

Reaction score
Despite all the money spent on launchers at Google Play Store my favorite one is the lightest, only 2.62MB, the faster out there and, funny thing, it's FREE. Got a Plus version but I don't use it. My favorite launcher running on my LG G2 is HOLO LAUNCHER HD. Let's see the screen shot of Holo on my phone.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381607025883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381607025883.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,599

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
What does Holo bring to the table different from Apex and Nova??? I am currently using the old standby Apex. Was gonn agive Nova a whirl, which incidentally worked better than Apex on my Droid Razr Maxx. But it isn't allowing for importing from Apex for some reason.

OP
emilioaponte

emilioaponte

Reaction score
What does Holo bring to the table different from Apex and Nova??? I am currently using the old standby Apex. Was gonn agive Nova a whirl, which incidentally worked better than Apex on my Droid Razr Maxx. But it isn't allowing for importing from Apex for some reason.

Realy? Nova Prime is the favorite launcher for Android users. Importing from others launchers is a function covered by Nova Prime. I'm not an importer so don't know what's going on between this two launchers. HOLO LAUNCHER HD brings to the table faster, no lag, movement over your apps and widgets. It's the best at low consumption of MB, if you like games you better begin to watch your storage consumption cause LG G2 got 32GB of internal memory. One off my formers HTC devices, the HTC ONE X+ has 64GB and I realy miss that. And please my friend remember that the ANDROID experience is an OPEN MINDED, the best launcher for your LG G2 is the one that fits your needs. One friend of mine said that ACTION LAUNCHER PRO is the best of all. Who knows, for me is the fast factor and HOLO LAUNCHER HD is a fast thing.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Realy? Nova Prime is the favorite launcher for Android users. Importing from others launchers is a function covered by Nova Prime. I'm not an importer so don't know what's going on between this two launchers. HOLO LAUNCHER HD brings to the table faster, no lag, movement over your apps and widgets. It's the best at low consumption of MB, if you like games you better begin to watch your storage consumption cause LG G2 got 32GB of internal memory. One off my formers HTC devices, the HTC ONE X+ has 64GB and I realy miss that. And please my friend remember that the ANDROID experience is an OPEN MINDED, the best launcher for your LG G2 is the one that fits your needs. One friend of mine said that ACTION LAUNCHER PRO is the best of all. Who knows, for me is the fast factor and HOLO LAUNCHER HD is a fast thing.

I have Nova Prime and Apex Pro. This is the message I get when trying to import my Apex settings to Nova.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381680678118.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381680678118.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 837

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Are you using the free or paid version of Holo. I gave the free version a spin last night on both my G2 and N7 v2 and seems pretty zippy. The only thing I miss with not having the paid version is the desktop gestures and dock gestures.

OP
emilioaponte

emilioaponte

Reaction score
Are you using the free or paid version of Holo. I gave the free version a spin last night on both my G2 and N7 v2 and seems pretty zippy. The only thing I miss with not having the paid version is the desktop gestures and dock gestures.

I got both: Holo Launcher HD and the paid one, Holo Launcher Plus. I run only the free one, not need the Plus. The desktop and dock gestures in the Plus are for the experts, I just a simple guy. Just imagine, I only set one home screen. Yesterday I download and receive a code for Themer, it's you know kool but not for me. Waiting for a code from Aviate, let's see what happens when it arrives. Also download in Google Play Store : Umbutu Launcher Beta, not good. Turbo Launcher, just Kool. Everything Home, not like it. Nemus Launcher, not like it. Final Launcher, not like it. 91 launcher, not like it. Mini Launcher, this one is cute, just cute. Solo Launcher, kind of interesting. DELETED ALL. Right now running the basic free version of Launcher Pro, let's see if it's good and maybe tonight when I come back from the office paid for the Launcher Pro Plus. My friend Garemlin go and paid for Holo Launcher Plus, it's kind of key access to the top features of the launcher. Like Nova and Apex you need the free version installed to run the Plus. Have a nice day.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I got both: Holo Launcher HD and the paid one, Holo Launcher Plus. I run only the free one, not need the Plus. The desktop and dock gestures in the Plus are for the experts, I just a simple guy. Just imagine, I only set one home screen. Yesterday I download and receive a code for Themer, it's you know kool but not for me. Waiting for a code from Aviate, let's see what happens when it arrives. Also download in Google Play Store : Umbutu Launcher Beta, not good. Turbo Launcher, just Kool. Everything Home, not like it. Nemus Launcher, not like it. Final Launcher, not like it. 91 launcher, not like it. Mini Launcher, this one is cute, just cute. Solo Launcher, kind of interesting. DELETED ALL. Right now running the basic free version of Launcher Pro, let's see if it's good and maybe tonight when I come back from the office paid for the Launcher Pro Plus. My friend Garemlin go and paid for Holo Launcher Plus, it's kind of key access to the top features of the launcher. Like Nova and Apex you need the free version installed to run the Plus. Have a nice day.

Trust me once you use the gestures you will wonder how you did without them. I have my browser folder icon to launch Google search when I swipe up. Swipe up on the desktop launches my calculator and swipe down launches the camera. They are far from expert settings. I highly recommend getting the premium version of your favorite if the free version does not include gestures.

Tap'd from my G2

todroid

Reaction score
Are you guys so dissatisfied with the stock folder icon appearances that you're ok with losing the Knock-On feature by going with the alternative launcher? Or were you not using Knock-On anyway? Or is it that the sum of the alternative features of other launchers is so much better for you than stock? Or the speed?

I used to run Apex Pro on my Droid Razr, liked it a lot, but found the stock launcher on G2 to be everything I need. The Knock-On is awesome and changing the stock icons allowed me to find a theme that works well without being able to change folder icons. Just curious what drives people to alternative launchers on this beast: habit or needs? uploadfromtaptalk1382116863783.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Are you guys so dissatisfied with the stock folder icon appearances that you're ok with losing the Knock-On feature by going with the alternative launcher? Or were you not using Knock-On anyway? Or is it that the sum of the alternative features of other launchers is so much better for you than stock? Or the speed?

I used to run Apex Pro on my Droid Razr, liked it a lot, but found the stock launcher on G2 to be everything I need. The Knock-On is awesome and changing the stock icons allowed me to find a theme that works well without being able to change folder icons. Just curious what drives people to alternative launchers on this beast: habit or needs? View attachment 67168

I'm using Apex and knock on and knock off work just fine. The only downside is you have to tap the notification bar for knock off. The ability to customize more is why I run a different launcher. Especially gestures.

And yes I hate the look of the stock folders.

Tap'd from my G2

todroid

Reaction score
Right. To me, the idea of having to aim specifically for the status bar for Knock-On was the same as not having that feature. I like that you can tap anywhere blank on the screen. But that's the beauty of Android. To each their own.

OP
emilioaponte

emilioaponte

Reaction score

I used to run Apex Pro on my Droid Razr, liked it a lot, but found the stock launcher on G2 to be everything I need. The Knock-On is awesome and changing the stock icons allowed me to find a theme that works well without being able to change folder icons. Just curious what drives people to alternative launchers on this beast: habit or needs? View attachment 67168

Well, as far as I know the stock folder icons and the horizontal movement on the drawer of the LG G2 is enough reason to use an alternative launcher. In my particular case, I can't stand horizontal drawer movement and I think that's the only movement stock LG G2 offers, if I'm wrong please show me the light. ADW LAUNCHER EX got the best vertical movement of the icons on the drawer, Vertical 3D or 4D, don't remember . In other launchers such as Nova, Apex and Holo the option of vertical or vertical continuous is a must. Regarding stock icons is a different story. Icon Pack HD OrbiconS, Icon Pack Blue HD OrbiconS, Vivid Icon Pack, Icon Pack - Vivid v2, Blue Matrix Icon Set, Metro Poly VIP Blue, and others paid versions in Google Play Store are big league in Android world, no way to compare with stock icons of any great machine out there: Galaxy S4, HTC ONE, Galaxy Note 3, Sony Experia Z 1, repeat NO WAY TO COMPARE. Knock-on, Knock-off is a no use for me. The best of LG G2, just my opinion, is the back button display. Remember my friend, in the world of Android phones, rooted or not, alternatives launchers are big words. Just a visit to Google Play Store and they pop up like candies in Halloween ; Zeam, Regina, Unity , SF, Launcher Pro, Tile Launcher Beta, 91 Launcher, Turbo Launcher, Umbutu Beta, Solo, Everything Home Beta, Final, Go Launcher Ex, Action Launcher Pro, Launcher 7 Pro, Aviate, Themer, etc. The list is long. For some particular reason, you can check it out in android forum's - - First of all XDA Developers -- then Android Central, Android Authority, Android Forum, etc., the users of Android phones in a big majority decided that NOVA is the King of the Jungle. I got Nova Prime, as a matter of fact, I got lot of paid launchers but lately in my former HTC ONE and current LG G2 I came to a final decision, of course this is just my particular opinion, right now until another launcher comes forward the faster gun is Holo Launcher HD, that's my favorite, the funny thing is that I got the most expensive three ; SPB Shell 3D, TSF Shell and Next Launcher 3D and don't use them anymore. After almost three years testing and buying launchers, my favorite one is just FREE.
3ytyjebu.jpg

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The differences between Nova and Apex are?

I am using Apex and have set the "Gesture" double tap desktop launches the app "Screen off and lock". This mimicks the knock off feature perfectly.

Apex is king of launchers IMO.

2013-10-28 03.05.49.png

Sucks I have to reduce size so much to post pic

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I am using Apex and have set the "Gesture" double tap desktop launches the app "Screen off and lock". This mimicks the knock off feature perfectly.

View attachment 67457

And where did you get that idea? LOL.

As far as the difference between Apex and Nova they are small. They are basically the same. Just a few different features that are available on on but not the other. Nothing drastic though.

Tap'd from my Droid Maxx

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

View attachment 67457

Pic looks great on laptop...

Nova and Apex are top dogs...

And where did you get that idea? LOL.

As far as the difference between Apex and Nova they are small. They are basically the same. Just a few different features that are available on on but not the other. Nothing drastic though.

Tap'd from my Droid Maxx

Does Apex have overlapping widgets? I'm mainly Nova but I agree with ya...

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pic looks great on laptop...

Nova and Apex are top dogs...

Does Apex have overlapping widgets? I'm mainly Nova but I agree with ya...

Apex has overlapping widgets. And I meant that it sucked resizing. It took me three tries to get it small enough :mad: and with gimp it sucks because it saves as an .xcf or something then I have to export for .png.

Edit: And what do you use overlapping widgets for? I haven't done that since ADW and the "Hubs" layouts.