My Droid X Cant Handle GingerBread Rooted

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I Just Came From 2.2.1 to 2.3.3 GringerBread Deoxed and Rooted followed all instructions to the letter even had to do the factory rest thing twice to get the syncing right,but after the alpha 1.2 to get the black status bar and then bam battery life was going quick phone died in 3 hours from full charge and no usage. so ok take out the alpha 1.2 .......ok bam samething. now im on the gingerbread 2.3.3 deoxed and dont know what to do? should i go back to stock unrooted gingerbread (which was fine ) or 2.340 stock and wait for the OTA update ? if there is another fix anyone knows ill try it as well,really want to stay rooted on GB

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Did u come from stock right to 2.3 deoxed? Ur supposed to go from stock root, to gingerbread with root then flash deoxed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Did u come from stock right to 2.3 deoxed? Ur supposed to go from stock root, to gingerbread with root then flash deoxed.

(Clearing) 2.2.1 > 2.2.1 Rooted > 2.3.3 stock >2.3.3 Rooted > 2.3.3 Deoxed > 2.3.3 Deoxed w/Black Status Bar via Alpha 1.2 zip .

sportsterBK8

Reaction score

(Clearing) 2.2.1 > 2.2.1 Rooted > 2.3.3 stock >2.3.3 Rooted > 2.3.3 Deoxed > 2.3.3 Deoxed w/Black Status Bar via Alpha 1.2 zip .

NO NO NO NO NO!

Don't flash "2.3.3 Stock" go straight from 2.2.1 Rooted, to 2.3.3 Rooted. Or you'll have to SBF back to 2.2.1 because there is no way to go from 2.3.3 Stock to 2.3.3 Rooted.

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score

NO NO NO NO NO!

Don't flash "2.3.3 Stock" go straight from 2.2.1 Rooted, to 2.3.3 Rooted. Or you'll have to SBF back to 2.2.1 because there is no way to go from 2.3.3 Stock to 2.3.3 Rooted.

Ok my bad i went from 2.2.1 rooted >2.3.3 rooted thats the only way to go my mistake in typing !!!!

turdbogls

Reaction score
i would boot into clockwork, wipe data and cache, then flash the rooted GB again, reboot, wait for everything to load from the market, boot into clockwork again, flash the deodex, reboot and see if that works.

i went from stock 2.2.1>rooted 2.2.1>wipe data/cach>flash 2.3.3 rooted>reboot>flash deodex> flash screen off animation> flash theme and i am doing great....absolutely ZERO issues (other than no thether which i NEVER use and some slight LED issues with handcent)

Scallywag1

Reaction score
i would boot into clockwork, wipe data and cache, then flash the rooted GB again, reboot, wait for everything to load from the market, boot into clockwork again, flash the deodex, reboot and see if that works.

i went from stock 2.2.1>rooted 2.2.1>wipe data/cach>flash 2.3.3 rooted>reboot>flash deodex> flash screen off animation> flash theme and i am doing great....absolutely ZERO issues (other than no thether which i NEVER use and some slight LED issues with handcent)

This is exactly what I did.
After u go from 2.2 to rooted gb u need to wipe data and once gb loads then flash deoxed. Then u can flash the status bar also. Data wipe is super important. I would flash back to ur 2.2 backup, reboot, wipe data and flash rooted gb, reboot, let it load and all then flash deoxed.
I am running it all now with literally zero problems. Well worth it....