HELP please with rooting gingerbread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by killavbeez, Dec 3, 2011.

1. killavbeez

killavbeez New Member

Haven't been rooted or had a custom rom since froyo. Have a new DROID 2 and im really confused about rooting gingerbread.

My current version is 2.3.3. Both manual instructions and one click roots say things about going back to stock froyo...or just back to 2.3.2??? I need to get rooted and on a custom rom. Gingerbreak just sat there and didn't work. What's the best one click way to get rooted. If not one click then I need ubuntu instructions. Thanks!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Gingerbreak will not work on 2.3.3 unfortunately, the "Motorola One-click Root Method' should work just fine. I have used it many times on multiple devices without any issues. There should not be a need to go back to Froyo to do it either.
  3. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch Member

Google "Root Droid 3" and that should bring you to the right method, which I think is the one click method. Connect to computer, click root, phone will boot 3 times and now rooted!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Yeah that's the same one :)
  5. mavrik

mavrik New Member

Hey team,

I have tried using MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4 and DROID_3_easy_root_script_v7 to root my Droid 2 running Android 2.3.3 without any success. Both methods runs and completes successfully according to the prompt. However, I've tested root access by running "root checker", "fast reboot", and "barnicle wifi tethering", which all fail with permission denied because of not having root permission. Please help, I would just like to take advantage of the wifi tethering capability, if nothing else.
  6. lizard

lizard New Member

I had to use version 6, not 7, and it only worked with the 64bit drivers. 32 would not work on XP or Win7. I wound up doing mine on a friends computer at work. Windows7, v6 of Pete's tools, and 64bit drivers got er done for me.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2