My Droid Turbo Won't Charge

Help2755C

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I got a Droid Turbo on August 21. This morning my Droid was 100% power. Over time the battery percentage went down like always because I was using it. I put my Droid away and when I went to check on it the Droid died. I tried charging it but the phone won't charge it so it didn't turn on. My friend turned it on by doing something called AP fastboot flash mode and turned it on. When I went to my battery info it said the battery was not charging. IDK what to do. How do if fix it? Do I need a new battery? It was working fine until I checked it for the time its was completely dead. It automatically turned off at like 80% and said it was dead.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How long has it been plugged in? I would suggest making sure it is plugged in to the original Turbo charger that came with it. Let it sit for a while and do not use it, and then see if it starts to take a charge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
H

Help2755C

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It has been on the original charger for more than an hour and it still says not charging. I tried plugging it in different outlets but I got the same thing

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You may have already checked this, but is there any dirt or lint stuck in the charging port?

OP
H

Help2755C

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have checked and I saw nothing.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You could try booting into Safe Mode and see if it will charge then? Tap the power button, but don't just tap Power Off......long press the Power Off option. You will see a Boot Into Safe Mode screen, select Yes. When the phone restarts no Play Store Apps will run, only the apps that came with the phone. See if it recognizes the charger then.

OP
H

Help2755C

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It rebooted and I still says its not charging. Would I have to replace the battery? or could the battery be a little out of place to make it not charge?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is it still within warranty? How old is the phone? But, before you try a warranty claim, you will probably be asked to do a factory reset (FDR). That is one other option to consider.....back up all important files, pic's, music, contacts, etc and perform a factory reset. (FDR). If you have never done that, it will reset the phone to factory condition and all personal files and apps are deleted. So if you do perform one, please back up anything you do not want to lose.

OP
H

Help2755C

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Well I got the Droid in August this year on the 21 so I believe so. A factory reset would help with a battery problem?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sounds like your charging port may be jacked up..if you plug it into a pc or laptop does it recognize it?? In the mean time tonget your charge up..you might try a qi wireless charger..

OP
H

Help2755C

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It did not recognize the charger being plugged into the computer so would I need a new charger

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's kind of hard to say if its software or hardware. Like 94lt2 stated, you could try a wireless charger if you can get your hands on one, that might help determine if its a faulty charging port, or a faulty battery, etc.

A FDR should clear up the issue if it is faulty software. But it will not help if its faulty hardware.

OP
H

Help2755C

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just noticed the charger is making this weird noise its like a continuous squeaking thing. I dont know how to describe the sound. Is that normal?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No, I don't think so. I have never heard a charger do that. Can you get / do you have another charger and charging cable to try?

OP
H

Help2755C

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I would have to go out and buy another the only charger I have is a Galaxy Edge charger but I dont want to mess up my port if it is damaged