Droid would not turn on or charge

mrvogt

Reaction score
Went to bed last night with an 80% charge on the Droid. Decided not to plug it in. This morning the Droid would not turn on. Plugged it in, and it would not even charge (LED did not light up). Not sure what was going in, I pulled/replaced the battery, which fixed everything. Upon bootup, the battery was at 30% charge.

I see others have similar problems.....what gives?

tdawg5480

Reaction score
ive had the battery decide to not charge and no led on.....i think its just a rare occasional glitch...maybe from a power manager app? at any rate a battery pull or power cycle fixed it the 1 or 2 times it occured to me. as for the drain maybe a program was left on using wifi or gps? i would powercycle phone before bed check out what apps and processes are runnin and leave unplugged tonight and see what gives. I beleieve you can look under battery status or similar and will tell you what has been eating biggest part of your battery life.

OP
M

mrvogt

Reaction score
Good to know I'm not the only on. I typically kill most/all apps before going to bed anyway, and typically leave Wifi on, but GPS off. And I typically plug it in too, this was only the 2nd time I left it unplugged during the night. Either way, will keep an eye on things, and probably continue to leave it plugged in over night. Thanks.