My Droid is running so incredibly slow

787HockeyDad

Reaction score
My Droid is running so slow, it's embarrassing. i have no idea what the issue is. I do the task killer often, still slow.

How slow you ask.

I can push all the numbers in a phone number, wait 4 or 5 seconds.....and then the numbers finally start to appear.

I push the app to text, it can be 10-12 seconds before it comes on. This is true for any app.

Slow.......way way slow. I can not make fun of iPhone folks if this thing is slower than when I had 56K dial up internet!

Help!!!!!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
First thing ditch the task killer, they will definitely slow down your phone and they are not needed in Tue Android OS.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

OP

787HockeyDad

Reaction score
First thing ditch the task killer, they will definitely slow down your phone and they are not needed in Tue Android OS.

You may want to also think about doing a factory reset

I have a hard time thinking the Task Killer is the reason for this as I have had the Task Killer since day 1. How do i do a factory reset, will I lose anything?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have a hard time thinking the Task Killer is the reason for this as I have had the Task Killer since day 1. How do i do a factory reset, will I lose anything?

A factory reset you will lose everything not on the SD Card

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Task killers interfere with the way Droid manages it's own memory. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html You should remove it. Also any antivirus as well.

Factory Data Reset is done by going to settings/privacy/factory data reset. You will lose all data and there is a possibility that your unpaid apps may not reinstall. Your SD card will not be affected and your paid apps should start to reinstall the moment you sign back into Google on your device. If they do not simply go into the Market, press settings and downloads and you will see them all there.