My battery experience

davidwilp

Reaction score
This is my first smartphone and have only had it for a few days. From the beginning I turned off locations, wifi, sync etc.. anything I would not normally use. Battery life was ehhh. Today, I turned off the 4G (very spotty where I am anyhow) and right now after a little over 10 hours unplugged I have 44% battery left.

I am a light user but before this I think I was getting around 12 hours or so out of a full battery.

Just wanted to share with you all.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Try airplane mode, use setcpu to underclock when the screen is off, and dont touch her for 20+ hours...lol

OP
D

davidwilp

Reaction score
Try airplane mode, use setcpu to underclock when the screen is off, and dont touch her for 20+ hours...lol

As I mentioned this is all new to me and I just wanted to share my experience.

I realize this may not be ideal for you and defeats the purpose for some of this phone. I don't have much free time during the day and I do not have my emails or anything else set up to be automatically pushed to my phone. I don't want to be a slave to it. After work I can go and check emails, stocks or anything else that I want with enough battery left to do anything I want.

badmeat

Reaction score
Bump charge when I wake up, email sync every 30 min, screen brightness at 25%, screen timeout at 30 seconds, weather widget sync at 3 hours, no task killer, 1600mah battery -
Light use- 24hrs +
Heavy use- 12hrs

And by heavy, i mean the screen has been on for a total of 3 hours out of 12 doing browsing, texts, and emails.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Heavy for you is not heavy for others, but to each his own. I consider heavy taking it off the charger and using it until the battery is close to dead...typically get 6-7 hours like that.

I personally do whatever it takes to keep the phone part of my phone useable, regardless of the situation. Never know when that emergency family call might happen....