Got extended battery yesterday-Great

davidwilp

Reaction score
I am a very light user. At least until I get home and my son starts to watch youtube, play angry birds and listen to music. My usual settings are:

All GPS off
Display at 50%
4G turned off (don't usually get it where I am)

With the stock battery I was getting about 14 or 15 hours

With the extended battery on its first charge I am at about 69% after 24 hours.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your extended battery experience for the TB. I got my extended battery on Wednesday and Thursday morning at 6:30 a.m. I took the TB off the charger with a full charge. At 11:30 last night I still had 45% battery left. This was normal usage, a couple of phone calls, a couple of videos taken from the storm we had last night, about 30 minutes of HBO GO and some Words with Friends game.

I'm pretty impressed, however this thing is pregnant now and a bit heavier than what I was used to.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Why would anyone need to have their device off charge for over 24hrs?

a44kaliburll

Reaction score

Why would anyone need to have their device off charge for over 24hrs?

I go camping quite a bit (not in a camper - Backpacking). And for that reason its a given that my phone will be off charge for 24 or more hours. I dont have an extended battery..dont like the looks. But to answer your question...

OP
D

davidwilp

Reaction score
I kind of like the extra bulk. Feels more substantial. For me it really isn't that much and really makes no difference.

Why off charge for >24hrs? Many people have many reasons. For those times when electricity goes out. Battery life, less charging cycles = longer life. For me it is the latter and the fact that you never know when you may need the extra time between charges. So I am prepared.

lapeter

Reaction score
Just for some perspective. The extended battery only adds one ounce to the weight of the TB. That ain't much unless you were around in the 70's.

shizumie

Reaction score
The weight dosent concern me. How much size does it add. I very much like the current size,slips right in my pocket. I get great life as it is, but i am going on holiday soon and see its use doubling between charge. So my options are get second standerd battery to carry along, or extended if not too bulky.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Technoman

Reaction score
Ok, I have a stock TB, and picked up the extended battery yesterday. The protruded back is so big, but I thought I would finally get some decent battery life.

I took it off the charger this morning with a full charge at 6:30am, and at about 1:00 I had a battery warning. I think I sent 3 text messages during this time and had one missed call with a voice mail. Granted I left the phone on 4g all day, but I get 2 bars of 4g coverage at my office.

Anyone have any ideas? I had to get a charger on it pretty fast, but the major usage showed display even though my display was off the entire time.