Music to my phone

ronda1223

Reaction score
I am trying to load music from my computer to my phone. Using my computer I am able to looks at the guts of my phone I have tried to find a music folder there is not one. There is a media folder and have tried to put the music in there but it does not show up on my phone.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just create a folder called music and drop the files in there.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

OP
ronda1223

ronda1223

Reaction score
I tried that and it did not work I go into my music and it is just the misc that I downloaded from an application on the phone

Any other suggestions?

OP
ronda1223

ronda1223

Reaction score
Well you got me not sure lol. I am not sure how to make sure

Can you tell me how to make sure?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
when you first mount your phone to your computer when you open the phone storage that first page that comes up is called the root of the sd card. Are you putting the folder on that first page?

OP
ronda1223

ronda1223

Reaction score
Yes and I see the applications that I have on the sd card so I must be in the right spot I even shut down the phone and turned it back on

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While making a folder certainly doesn't harm anything, I just dropped my music on the SD card and Droid puts it in media.

OP
ronda1223

ronda1223

Reaction score
should i try and find the folder where the music is and put it in there?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
No reason why the following should not work for you...this is what I do and it works for me...

1) Plug your phone into your PC via the USB cable

2) Wait for the phone and PC to interact together...should take less than a minute...you will know when the SD Card icon vanishes from the Notification Bar.

3) Pull down the Notification Bar Pulldown Screen...tap the USB Connection, then choose USB Mass Storage Mode

4) A folder should open on the PC showing the contents and folders of your phones SD card

5) Inside the SD card, create a folder labeled "Music"..make sure this is not inside any other folder on the SD card

6) Open the folder on your PC where your music you want to copy to the phone is located

7) Select the music you want to copy, then right click-select "Copy", then navigate to the Music folder on your SD card, open it, then right click and select "Paste".

8) Either unplug your phone from the USB cable, or pull down the Notification Pulldown and tap USB and then select either PC Mode or Charge Only...the SD card will not be readable by the phone in USB Mass Storage Mode

You should now be able to listen to all of the music you copied over...:)

OP
ronda1223

ronda1223

Reaction score
I was able to figure it out and get the music on there thank you so much for all your help!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I was able to figure it out and get the music on there thank you so much for all your help!

So what was the initial problem, and how did you get it to work? Your answers may help someone else down the road...:)

phonetool

Reaction score
No reason why the following should not work for you...this is what I do and it works for me...

1) Plug your phone into your PC via the USB cable

2) Wait for the phone and PC to interact together...should take less than a minute...you will know when the SD Card icon vanishes from the Notification Bar.

3) Pull down the Notification Bar Pulldown Screen...tap the USB Connection, then choose USB Mass Storage Mode

4) A folder should open on the PC showing the contents and folders of your phones SD card

5) Inside the SD card, create a folder labeled "Music"..make sure this is not inside any other folder on the SD card

6) Open the folder on your PC where your music you want to copy to the phone is located

7) Select the music you want to copy, then right click-select "Copy", then navigate to the Music folder on your SD card, open it, then right click and select "Paste".

8) Either unplug your phone from the USB cable, or pull down the Notification Pulldown and tap USB and then select either PC Mode or Charge Only...the SD card will not be readable by the phone in USB Mass Storage Mode

You should now be able to listen to all of the music you copied over...:)
Thank you! Very helpful info!
I'd like to add that (at least on my setup) USB won't mount the SD card to the PC if 'USB Debugging' is checked in settings.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/70326-usb-connected-notification-not-showing-up.html
(post #5 holds the solution)