Music plays out of phone speaker, even when headphones are connected..

oMenaceTigero

Reaction score
I have the newest liberty ROM installed, and that's about the only modification I've made to it. Rooted of course.
When I play the music, it comes out of the phone speaker, I plug my headphones in, and it continues to play out of the phone, not out of the headphones at all. I've tried multiple headphones and still no luck.
Help, please and thanks.

Reaction score
Did you have this problem before you flashed? Are other people having similar problems with that rom? And have you tried multiple headphones?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
oMenaceTigero

oMenaceTigero

Reaction score
Sounds like your headphone jack is broken.

Is there any way I could check this?

Did you have this problem before you flashed? Are other people having similar problems with that rom? And have you tried multiple headphones?

I flashed Apex before Liberty and that's where the problem started. Before I flashed Apex the headphones worked perfectly fine. I have never heard of this problem before. And yes I have tried multiple headphones.

Reaction score

I flashed Apex before Liberty and that's where the problem started. Before I flashed Apex the headphones worked perfectly fine. I have never heard of this problem before. And yes I have tried multiple headphones.

You can always just try restarting your phone (you wouldn't believe the number of bugs I have fixed by just restarting...) but it sounds to me like the wipe data didn't completely delete apex and there is a file butting heads with one of liberty's. Here is a list of things to try (if one doesn't work try the next):

1. Re-install liberty on top of itself
2. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik and re-install liberty
3. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik and install stock sbf through RSDlite then reinstall liberty. (heard this is the only true way to be absolutely sure nothing from the previous rom is left)

OP
oMenaceTigero

oMenaceTigero

Reaction score

You can always just try restarting your phone (you wouldn't believe the number of bugs I have fixed by just restarting...) but it sounds to me like the wipe data didn't completely delete apex and there is a file butting heads with one of liberty's. Here is a list of things to try (if one doesn't work try the next):

1. Re-install liberty on top of itself
2. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik and re-install liberty
3. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik and install stock sbf through RSDlite then reinstall liberty. (heard this is the only true way to be absolutely sure nothing from the previous rom is left)

Could you link me to a thread or something that explains how to do #3? Cause I will definitely do that.

Reaction score
Its not working in stock rom? I would suggest unrooting and undoing anything that would void the warranty and take it back to verizon for a replacement! Sounds like the jack is broken... Sorry you had to do all that to find out I was wrong :( good luck at verizon

OP
oMenaceTigero

oMenaceTigero

Reaction score
Its not working in stock rom? I would suggest unrooting and undoing anything that would void the warranty and take it back to verizon for a replacement! Sounds like the jack is broken... Sorry you had to do all that to find out I was wrong :( good luck at verizon

Yeah I'm just gonna bring it in. Will they replace it since the headphone jack is broken?

Reaction score
Yes as long as you are within the one year warranty... If not, ask nicely and if still no, complain to the manager cuz that's rediculous since it just randomly quit working and it wasn't your fault!

RCron

Reaction score
Music plays out of phone speaker, even when headphones

This did not happen the first time I played music while the Bluetooth headset was connected, so I'm not sure what's going on. Phone is connected to the car stereo via the headphone jack and music is pumped out the car speakers just fine until I turn the headset on; when it connects it hijacks the audio. No reason to suspect a headphone jack problem. Just seems weird that it didn't occur the first time. (I think the only thing I did between was to disable VZ Navigator to fix the screen going dark problem.) This was not an issue with my Droid Bionic. I can find no settings related to the behavior of the headphone jack or Bluetooth with regard to where the music goes. Anyone having any insight to what is going on please share.